Sliced is right!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SlickRockStones

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 12, 2018
Yesterday was sausage grind day on a pork butt so I’m set with 2.5# each of breakfast and zesty Italian. The money muscle end gets special treatment cause’ it’s too good to grind. Rubbed it down with my own SM clone rub and then overnight in the fridge. Tossed it on the pellet grill with Bear Mt. Blend til it hit 190 and probed tender. Rested and sliced. Fresh home baked bun, slaw and a drizzle of Blues Hog cut with Sonny’s sauce. I was melt in your mouth tender and perfectly moist. This is my go to pork sammach. Thanks for lookin’!
4C67BABD-D6C0-4E0A-8C4A-FBAA6DD98211.jpeg
D367DFA1-DAFA-4596-ABE4-4E5ED8368EC6.jpeg
703D4F2F-C16C-4346-A54A-CAC496E30FE6.jpeg
630C488D-2483-4B8E-9EB8-D56E11F4471B.jpeg
00C92741-538A-4B77-8835-EFCE815BCD2B.jpeg
I

I'm with everyone else... that looks amazing! Great job

Ryan

They are Tasty. That Sandwich looks like perfection!
Try Curing and Smoking the Money Muscle to 150°F, like BBB. Mom would simmer them with Cabbage, Onion, Carrots, Celery and lots of Potatoes. What a great Flavor the Pork adds to the Veggies...JJ

Great looking hunk of pork, and a nice Sammie.
Yum!

My youngest son prefers his pork butt sliced not pulled, and every so often I smoke one just for him.
Thanks Chili. I actually used and exploited your “basic pork” rub recipe and boosted the Lawrys base with Chile powder, celery seed and a touch of cinnamon. The bark on the end slice was wolfed like a breath mint after I took down the sandwich.

Try Curing and Smoking the Money Muscle to 150°F, like BBB. Mom would simmer them with Cabbage, Onion, Carrots, Celery and lots of Potatoes. What a great Flavor the Pork adds to the Veggies...JJ
Thanks Chef J! BBB is on my list and I can almost taste the biscuits and grits.

Looks fantastic. I need to better educate myself on finding the money muscle and tubes.
Thanks JC. I just turn the butt the its side with the bone on top and slice off the tube and MM end. My smoked end is sitting on the cut with the MM on top and tubes below. Give it a try.

703d4f2f-c16c-4346-a54a-cac496e30fe6-jpeg.jpg
That is cooked to perfection, I remove the MM end too. Fun Fact, that muscle group is called the Coppa roast and is basically an extension of the rib end of the loin. Photo below.
That's awesome . Slice pork butt gets overlooked in my opinion . Nice job .
I'm with you on this . When I do sausage , I save one and cure it into a small ham .
Fun fact #2, a Coppa roast is where the cured and dried Italian style ham ' Capicola ' is made from.
Looks fantastic. I need to better educate myself on finding the money muscle and tubes.
After your first or second time, you will be a pro. You basically follow a natural seam.

Or use it when making pork and sauerkraut.

Here is some pork butt geography:

VCND3PS.jpg

Attachments

• 1606230403030.png
    1606230403030.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky