Slaughterhouse Recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Spritz sound great,,,, I do mine with Spiced rum and apple juice,, will have to give yours a try,,Thanks

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS

Try an keep the proportions equal, be a balanced system.  To much water an it gonna thin out the salt.  The salt be about as low as ya can go an still have it work.

I made this a second time where I had no weather and temp issues and it was killer!  I brined, dried, gave it a little rub under and on oiled skin.  I have yet to inject, but I am sure it would be great.  I would go light on the injection, the brine and rub make it pretty tasty as is.

This brine works just fine on them enhanced birds.  Be bout all ya can get anymore.  Actually, the brine helps ta wash out some a that cheap salty enhancer an replace it with flavor.

The 3 recipes were designed tagether, but don't need ta all be used ifin ya don't wanna.  Many times the brine an a good rub be fine.  Sometimes a bit a spritz be nice.  If ya want a bit spicer bird add in the injection.  Really be all about personal taste an choice.

I gave up on finding the "pure" turkey a while ago.  I looked and looked and had to go with the enhanced ones.  they seem to work pretty well.   Maybe they are more prevalent in some state we don't live in or if you hunt them your self :).

Wow! That recipe is awesome! Everybody loved it, including myself. Ive never seen people toast to a turkey. Thats how good it was. Thank you and smoke on

Howdy and thanks for the recipes! I know this is an older thread but I have sort of the reverse of this question -- I won't need a full 1.5 gallons of brine. Could I cut everything in half (including salt and spices) and still be in balance? Just checking.......

Many thanks,

P.

Thanks Tip,

I've been wanting to try brining and I'm going to start with yours!  Appreciate it!

Chuck 

Thx for bringing this thread back, I am definitely going to try some of these, And Thx travcoman for posting these beauties....

Hey yall.

Some folks have decided to claim my Slaughterhouse recipes as there own an post em as such on other sites. 

So:

Let it be known that the Slaughterhouse Poultry Brine, Slaughterhouse Poultry Injection and Slaughterhouse Poultry Spritz are the sole creation an property of Tip Piper of Hillbilly Vittles.

You all feel free to use them repost them an so fourth with the unerstandin a given credit where credit be due.

I hate the fact that a feller has ta do this.  I shared em so folks could enjoy em, but I don't like the idear a people takin credit for my work.  Thanks for understandin yall.

Tip

I'm still kinda new here but not so much that I don't know the meaning of plagiarism. It's a shame you've been a victim of it when you've been so generous to share your recipes. (I found this thread because a number of posts reference it)

Thanks for continuing to share! I'm going to use your brine and spritz recipes for my next smoke.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky