Skirt Steak Taco's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
So had to do something with that monster avocado so turned it into Guacamole. Man did that make a big bowl! I had took some black soybeans out to make a Mexican egg dish Sunday but never did figure out what to do so I used it to make some refried beans. Marinaded a skirt steak and quick grill. I am out of my low carb Trader Joe tortilla's so used some others I had. Not the same. Road trip coming. This turned out pretty tasty.

20210712_124612.jpg 20210712_154512.jpg 20210712_171347.jpg 20210712_165002.jpg 20210712_165028.jpg 20210712_172324.jpg 20210712_172642.jpg

Pick this up while at Mexican Market.

20210712_170407.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great Brian!! That may be the biggest avocado I I’ve ever seen! Flank steak looks delicious. Congrats on the spinner ride. Must have been a Mexican flavors kind of day. I also did some Mexican I may post up later.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Man that looks great!
I love the flavor of skirt steak but man I never find one worth buying so I lean towards flank/flat iron steak. That's my fajita go to!

Btw, I did 2.5 cups of Black Soy Beans a la Charra style and it was a success first try with plenty of room to improve. Basically I went 45 min high setting of Instant Pot, 35 min on low cool down. Beans were firmer than I wanted and didnt refry as easily as a pinto would have in the skillet while mashing. Next attempt will be 75min at high pressure and if that doesn't do it then 95 minutes lol.
A la charra flavor was nailed, man that was so good.
Keep it up and I somehow have to find one of those avocado's. I would make a mean green sauce Mexico style chicken guisado with it!

So had to do something with that monster avocado so turned it into Guacamole. Man did that make a big bowl! I had took some black soybeans out to make a Mexican egg dish Sunday but never did figure out what to do so I used it to make some refried beans. Marinaded a skirt steak and quick grill. I am out of my low carb Trader Joe tortilla's so used some others I had. Not the same. Road trip coming. This turned out pretty tasty.

View attachment 503824View attachment 503822View attachment 503818View attachment 503821View attachment 503820View attachment 503817View attachment 503816

Pick this up while at Mexican Market.

View attachment 503819
Damn, that looks perfectly cooked bud, that is a huge avocado we don't get those here very often, but we are avocado rich in this household. The lady next door has a huge Hass avocado tree that has to be close to 40' tall, it has thousands of them this time of yr. I eat at least one every day after they ripen up on the shelf in the garage for a week or two.

Your meal looks perfect Brian, I hope mine turns out nearly as well as yours did.
How is that marinade, I've seen it here but have never tried it out ?

I just got done slicing up some peppers & onions and tossing a huge slab of flank steak into a marinade for tomorrow's supper. I think I'm going to make fajitas, I'm not sure yet.

Good job brother.
Dan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky