Skirt steak on the kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

edmonds

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 6, 2020
Huntsville, AL
Fresh asparagus and sweet peppers/onions (EVO and NaCl) grilled on kettle about 5-8 minutes, perfection.
Skirt steak from home-grown Dexter, homemade rub, grilled on kettle about 3-4 minutes, perfection.
I like my skirt steak on a plate, don't you?

P1040124.jpeg

P1040128.jpeg

P1040131.jpeg

P1040139.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7751.jpeg
    IMG_7751.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 18
  • P1040128.jpeg
    P1040128.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 18
That’s a great looking plate and awesome skirt steak! I love skirt steak, but the price is insane here right now, may as well get a tenderloin here! Points!

Fresh asparagus and sweet peppers/onions (EVO and NaCl) grilled on kettle about 5-8 minutes, perfection.
Skirt steak from home-grown Dexter, homemade rub, grilled on kettle about 3-4 minutes, perfection.
I like my skirt steak on a plate, don't you?

View attachment 631637

View attachment 631639

View attachment 631640

View attachment 631641
looks great. i remember when skirt was !.1.99/lb and mostly went in the hamburger bin. then chili's and applebees came along.

Got any left? I'm hungry :emoji_laughing: BTW, was the cut inside or outside skirt steak?
Good question.
I raise my own beef and always get 2 insides and 2 outsides. And I'll be darned if I can tell which is which. One is supposed to be more tender than the other, but they all seem great to me.

The most tender is the outside but if cooked too long both can become not so good eats. I always can find inside skirts but outsides are difficult to come by, at least around here.

Beautifully done. And nice view for the grilling.
Jim
Thanks. I like to sit on the back porch while cooking. But skirt steak cooks so quickly I didn't have time to finish my margarita.
I didn't intend to attach that image though. It just snuck in there somehow.

The most tender is the outside but if cooked too long both can become not so good eats. I always can find inside skirts but outsides are difficult to come by, at least around here.
I think the outsides may go to the restaurants.

Reactions: schlotz
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky