Site issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Holly2015

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 10, 2018
I'm not sure if I am the only one experiencing issues with this site but everytime I open it the home screen opens then it blinks and moves and reloads several time. Now when I open this site I don't click anything for 5 seconds or so to let it settle down. If you open it try right away to click a thread once it blicks and reloads you end up opening a thread 3 or 4 places down the line.

Even when replying to a thread after about 30 seconds of typing the screen flashes locks and sometimes reverts back to a prior site.

This happens on several computers and does not happen on any other sites I am a member of?

Help!

Similar problem here.I get - Error 525 SSL handshake failed.If I wait a few seconds the page will let me reload it and it then pops up.

I'm getting it again on my tablet . It's getting really bad . Like Holly said , don't try to open a thread right away , or you end up somewhere you don't want to be . Samsung tablet with chrome .
I think it might be graphics related .

I have the same on my PC using FireFox. The pages are trying to very frequently reload and bounce when they do.

It has gotten much worse lately. I will be in the middle of typing a reply & it will reload & I will loose the last few words I typed. Now on my iPad there is no problem at all. Please don't tell me that I have to spring for an Apple computer to get away from this. It is really annoying. Running windows 10, and have tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox, & Explorer. Chrome is the fastest! And I think that a lot of you have noticed a lot of the old timers aren't on here as much anymore, I wonder if the glitches in the site software are driving them away. I know it is very agravating to be typing & have the page reload & loose some of the text. Also I'm finding out that some of my links in my signature don't have photo's in them anymore.
Al

Last edited:
It has gotten much worse lately. I will be in the middle of typing a reply & it will reload & I will loose the last few words I typed. Now on my iPad there is no problem at all. Please don't tell me that I have to spring for an Apple computer to get away from this. It is really annoying. Running windows 10, and have tried Chrome, Edge, Firefox, & Explorer. Chrome is the fastest! And I think that a lot of you have noticed a lot of the old timers aren't on here as much anymore, I wonder if the glitches in the site software are driving them away. I know it is very agravating to be typing & have the page reload & loose some of the text. Also I'm finding out that some of my links in my signature don't have photo's in them anymore.
Al

Yeah I'm in the process of trying to find the pics that disappeared again from about 20 Step by Steps.
This will be the 3rd time I'm doing this.

The first time I lost them because Photobucket clashed with this new platform.

The second time "They tell me" was the problem switching from "HTTP" to "HTTPS".

I have no idea what caused it this time, but I have 13 more Step by Steps to re-insert the pics into again.

Bear

Yeah I'm in the process of trying to find the pics that disappeared again from about 20 Step by Steps.

The second time "They tell me" was the problem switching from "HTTP" to "HTTPS".

I have no idea what caused it this time, but I have 13 more Step by Steps to re-insert the pics into again.

Bear

I tried to insert the photo's back in, but it said they can't be imported, so my only choice would be to re write the whole thread. This really sucks!!
Al

Bear

I tried to insert the photo's back in, but it said they can't be imported, so my only choice would be to re write the whole thread. This really sucks!!
Al

Do you guys know which links are missing pictures? I just randomly went thru a few of both your links and saw all the pictures. If you tell me which ones have missing pictures I'll try those. Also when was the last time you cleaned your history/cache?

Chris

Do you guys know which links are missing pictures? I just randomly went thru a few of both your links and saw all the pictures. If you tell me which ones have missing pictures I'll try those. Also when was the last time you cleaned your history/cache?

Chris

Hi Chris,
That "cleaning cache" never has anything to do with anything on my Macs.
Every time I've run into a problem on other sites, they always say "Check your cashe". Then eventually they find the problem was on their site. One site I couldn't even get on any more, so they told me to empty my cashe. I didn't. Then a couple days later they said some Spammers (from overseas) hit their site, so they had to delete their addresses, and they accidentally deleted mine too. That's why their site wouldn't recognize me. Mine worked fine from then on.

We had PCs here for many years, and I thought I was going to have to rent a room to our PC repairman.
Then about 10 years ago my Son bought about 9 or 10 Macs for all of his offices, his house, and ours here. I haven't seen a repairman since, and whenever we run into a problem, it stems from the other end.

Here are the ones I didn't get to fix yet.
These aren't the Links---These are the Titles of the Thread on my Step by Step Index:
Cleaning MES Window Without Any Chemicals
PRIME RIB (Another Great One) (Great Stuff)

Prime Rib (Best ever)
Ribeye (One smoked---One grilled)
Brisket Flat (step by step with Qview)
Pulled Beef Chucky——Chuckie (Step by Step) with Qview
Hot Smoked Beef Sammy with Gravy
Country Style Pork Ribs (Bear's First Time)
A Pair Of Spares Beats A Full House!
BEAR SURVIVAL (Breakfast) [Updated Sept 3]——Bacon Scramble
Bacon-Cheeseburger---Step #1:

Bear

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky