Sirloin tip smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cuppedwings

Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Western New York
I plan on doing a small sirloin tip roast (3 Lbs.) tomorrow in da shmoker!  I have never attempted this and am still a novice at smoking meats.

I have a few questions. 

1)  smoker temperature?  225*F? higher? lower? and approximate time?

2)  what IT should I pull this out?  I will just want to slice it not pull

3)  should I inject the thing the day before?

4)  do I need to wrap it in foil at some point?

5)  do I need to wrap it in towel and slam it in the cooler for resting?

also anything else I may have overlooked.

Thanks!!

Sirloin is pretty tender I'd say 225-240 would be a good temp and go for an internal temp of the doneness you preffer.  I'd shoot for medium rare myself but I like it nice and pink.

I wouldn't foil it but I would let it rest after the cook, maybe 15 min to half hour.

If you inject it you will have to treat it as ground meat and cook until at least 165 I believe.  Somewhere on here we have a safe food handling wiki that gives you guidelines for proper internal heat.

I have no clue how long it will take, as with everything else, it'll be done when it is done!

Are you going to use a rub?  Oh and make sure to give us plenty of q  view!

bump!  just incase I'm wrong
icon_question.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky