Sirloin Tip IT for medium help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

c14james35

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 5, 2014
Hey everyone I'm smoking a sirloin tip and my old lady doesn't like medium rare does anyone know a good IT for medium

I love rare.  My wife loves medium to medium well.  I've kind of moved her into the area between medium rare to medium.  I started moving her  by initially taking the internal temps to 135F.  Now I take the temp on beef roasts, tri tips, and sirloins to 130-133 IT then let it rest covered for up to 30 minutes.  It is pink with no dark red, which she won't eat.  Heck, I've even gotten away with 120-125F IT at times but I don't tell her.  A little au jus can hide things nicely.  Shhhhhhh, don't tell her.    

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky