Sirloin tip and pork tenderloin w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Chris appreciate it. Yeah I had a few silver bullets in the fridge figured it was a good time to throw a few back before the feast. Picked up a case of yeungling yesterday. Got anything good going on the kettle this weekend?

I got a 12er of PBR tallboys and a couple of chuckies going on hopefully today - weather permitting. The chuckies are for a weekend chili and the PBRs are well for, you know. Man, we got a dusting of snow last night which I don't mind, but the wind is nasty right now. How about you southern boys anything interesting being smoked?

Chris

I got a 12er of PBR tallboys and a couple of chuckies going on hopefully today - weather permitting. The chuckies are for a weekend chili and the PBRs are well for, you know. Man, we got a dusting of snow last night which I don't mind, but the wind is nasty right now. How about you southern boys anything interesting being smoked?

Chris

It rained here yesterday and got real cold overnight. Currently its 35 but with the wind chill 29. Its nothing for you guys up there but its cold! I haven't decided what to cook yet. I've got Monday off work for veterans day and a couple butts I scored for $.99 lb I need to get going or freeze. Few racks of ribs and some chucks in the freezer too. Probably start drinking some of that yeungling when I get home from work and after about 6 will come up with a solid plan.

Chris

Chris, I shouldn't say but mid 80's for the highs here, and I am going to chase that little white ball around for a few hours then put the fresh marinated turkey breasts on to smoke after that....will post cook tomorrow.

John

YUM that looks good!
i notice you got mark down food lion meat! i get that stuff all the time... hit food lion around 8:30 or so and get the days specials!
still tastes good and yours looks amazing!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
YUM that looks good!
i notice you got mark down food lion meat! i get that stuff all the time... hit food lion around 8:30 or so and get the days specials!
still tastes good and yours looks amazing!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Thanks! Man I get a ton of meat at food lion! We have the larger grocery stores around here Kroger, Food City, etc... and I swear not that many people shop at food lion. I get stuff marked down all the time plus they run butts for $.99 lb I swear every couple of weeks haha

I lover the pics of the sirloin!! I've got one in the fridge now but it will be coupled up with some chuck and a touch of pork shoulder for summer sausage this week. (I didn't get my deer for this year! very sad.)

John, you spoke of "homemade greek yogurt ranch dressing ", you you mind passing on the way to make it? Greek yogurt and packet of HV ranch or,,,, ?

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
I lover the pics of the sirloin!! I've got one in the fridge now but it will be coupled up with some chuck and a touch of pork shoulder for summer sausage this week. (I didn't get my deer for this year! very sad.)

John, you spoke of "homemade greek yogurt ranch dressing ", you you mind passing on the way to make it? Greek yogurt and packet of HV ranch or,,,, ?

Appreciate the kind words and like! Yeah try out the greek yogurt ranch and see what you think. I usually dump it in mason jars and it holds for a week or so. Hope you enjoy!

1 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 TBS dried chives
1 TBS diced green onion
1 TBS dried parsley
1 TSP Dijon mustard
1 TSP lemon juice
1 TSP garlic powder
1 1/2 TSP ground black pepper
1 TSP pink sea salt
1/4 TSP onion powder

Reactions: olecrosseyes
Appreciate the kind words and like! Yeah try out the greek yogurt ranch and see what you think. I usually dump it in mason jars and it holds for a week or so. Hope you enjoy!

That is actually my rendition of John's recipe. His did not have the mayo or the buttermilk I don't believe. It's been a while but I think I made a couple changes as I went, noted them, then changed his recipe in my book. We don't do a lot of creamy types of dressings on salads so this was modified to a point for Cole slaw....and it is absolutely fantastic!! See my Epic Brisket thread that was posted last Saturday for a batch of the slaw with this dressing.

Robert

That is actually my rendition of John's recipe. His did not have the mayo or the buttermilk I don't believe. It's been a while but I think I made a couple changes as I went, noted them, then changed his recipe in my book. We don't do a lot of creamy types of dressings on salads so this was modified to a point for Cole slaw....and it is absolutely fantastic!! See my Epic Brisket thread that was posted last Saturday for a batch of the slaw with this dressing.

Robert

Sorry about that Robert meant to tag you in this and got a phone call and just copy and pasted and hit post. My bad. Although I haven't got to try it yet I think the buttermilk and mayo are nice additions. Should thin it out some too as the original was a little thick.

Last edited:
Sorry about that Robert meant to tag you in this and got a phone call and just copy and pasted and hit post. My bad.

No harm no foul my friend. I just didn't want you to think I sent the exact version that you posted. The buttermilk adds a bit of tang and some richness. I believe when I made it the first time though I added a touch of the spicy vinegar, which sent the acidity over the top and the mayo was used to tone that down...but I forgot to note the addition of the vinegar in the recipe. What you posted here is exactly what I used last weekend when I made the slaw to go with the brisket, and it was outstanding!! Would also make an excellent salad dressing if that's what the intention is.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky