Sirloin tip and pork tenderloin w pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Sorry didn't know if this belonged in pork of beef so feel free to move it if needed.

So Robert tx smoker tx smoker posted a thread on a sirloin tip roast he did a couple weeks ago and it looked so good I knew I needed to try it. Knocked off work a little early and ran by the store. Wasn't necessarily looking for anything specific but wanted to fire up the smoker. Wouldn't you know they had a sirloin tip on manager clearance. Picked up a small pork tenderloin too for the wife...she's not a huge fan of tougher cuts of beef(sirloin isn't a filet if you know what I mean).

Here are the two smaller cuts

tip1.jpg

Trimmed the tenderloin. Rubbed it with zesty Italian dressing and coated with CBP, garlic powder, parsley, and a little weber herb rub .
tip3.jpg

Was out of A1. Roast got coated with Worcestershire and SPG plus a little rosemary.
tip2.jpg

In the MES at 250. Rolled with cherry pellets this time around.
tip4.jpg

Took the tenderloin out when it reached 145
tip6.jpg

Took the sirloin tip out at 132. Thought about pulling sooner and reversing searing but decided against it.
tip5.jpg

Sliced on the pork tenderloin.
tip7.jpg

Money shots on the sirloin tip.
tip8.jpg

tip9.jpg

tip10.jpg

Pulled out the fine china for dinner tonight.

Wife's plate...pork tenderloin, side salad with homemade greek yogurt ranch, mashed potatoes, and some French garlic bread.
tip11.jpg

I went with the beef and no salad with mine. Made some mushroom gravy and topped the sirloin with that.
tip12.jpg

Damn this was a good meal! The pork tenderloin and sirloin tip both came out perfect in terms on doneness. I really liked the rub on the tenderloin as it accented the pork very well. Next time I plan to try Joe's xray xray honey chipotle dressing. The beef had great smoke flavor but could have used a little more in terms of seasoning. Should have used montreal steak seasoning but I talked myself out of it at the last minute. Oh well was still a great meal and even have some leftovers. Thanks for checking it out.

John

Everything looks done to perfection, truly a great piece of work! Kinda make me want to go to Sam's and pick up a sirloin tip roast right now. Like. RAY

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
John...both roasts look fantastic but that tip roast looks like one for the ages!! It is absolutely beautiful and perfectly cooked. You covered the slight lack of seasoning but how was the texture and tenderness of the roast? Big LIKE on that one my friend!!

Wow...just wow,
Robert

John, both plates look fantastic! Perfect color on that tip roast. Looks like you have some killer roast beef sandwiches if there’s any left.

I’ll take a plate of both please! Like!!

looks like a great meal, going to have to try the mushroom gravy looks tasty

Thanks Jim. I was lazy on the gravy. Was wanting to do Chef Jimmy's smoky au jus but ran out time. Sautéed some onions and mushrooms and used a packet of brown gravy mix

Everything looks done to perfection, truly a great piece of work! Kinda make me want to go to Sam's and pick up a sirloin tip roast right now. Like. RAY

Thanks Ray! Go grab you a roast, a 12 pack of beer, and fire the smoker up! Glad I did it yesterday. Its pouring rain here today and supposed to drop into the 30's tonight

Reactions: sawhorseray
John...both roasts look fantastic but that tip roast looks like one for the ages!! It is absolutely beautiful and perfectly cooked. You covered the slight lack of seasoning but how was the texture and tenderness of the roast? Big LIKE on that one my friend!!

Wow...just wow,
Robert

Thanks Robert. The tenderness and texture was all there. It wasn't melt in your mouth tender but not chewy or grainy if you know what I mean. I got your beef rub saved in my index gonna mix up a batch next time I do one!

John, both plates look fantastic! Perfect color on that tip roast. Looks like you have some killer roast beef sandwiches if there’s any left.

I’ll take a plate of both please! Like!!

Thanks Joe! Was def a good quick smoke for a weeknight. The tenderloin took around an hour and the tip roast closer to two.

Both the tip and loin look fantastic John. Well done and I see you took a ride on the silver bullet train for this one.

Point for sure
Chris

Both the tip and loin look fantastic John. Well done and I see you took a ride on the silver bullet train for this one.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris appreciate it. Yeah I had a few silver bullets in the fridge figured it was a good time to throw a few back before the feast. Picked up a case of yeungling yesterday. Got anything good going on the kettle this weekend?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky