Sirloin Burgers and side of jalapeno and Cheese Sausages

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Sirloin Burgers and side of jalapeno and Cheese Sausages

Just a short and sweet post of supper, we were on a no BBQ time out , so of coarse that is when you really want something that you can't have.
Even ran to the burger joint Friday and that did not help.

Couple of Sirloin burgers and jalapeno and cheese sausages ( just found these sausages at the store the other day , it has been a year since they last had them ( store brand name , but used to be called " 3 cheese jalapeno " ).

Just the usual suspects Burger with cheese , Kraft onion bbq sauce, big slice of onions and tomatoes on a toasted buns ( had 2 burgers )
fries with some chicken gravy from other nights supper ( chicken in the oven as no BBQ allowed )
and the sausages , they taste like the other ones so I am happy, going to store tomorrow to by a few more bags in case they stop selling again

DSC_7428.JPG
DSC_7429.JPG
DSC_7431.JPG
DSC_7432.JPG

Short and sweet guys.

It was good to fire up the Q on the very rainy and beautiful day.

Supper was great and of coarse i ate 1 burger too many and both of the sausages:emoji_sunglasses::emoji_sunglasses:

( sorry thought I had a picture of everything on the bbq, but I didn't ) :emoji_disappointed: :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

David

Looks delicious! Now we need to get you making your own Jalapeno cheddar sausages. I promise the effort is well worth it. What I make blows anything in the store away.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I don't think I've ever seen ketchup on gravy fries, but what the heck. I'm game.

It all looks good David and welcome back to some sense of normalcy

Point for sure
Chris

Last edited:
Looks delicious! Now we need to get you making your own Jalapeno cheddar sausages. I promise the effort is well worth it. What I make blows anything in the store away.

Thank you Doug, was a nice and quick tasty meal

and yes we talked about this before . I now have the grinder and have had the stuffer and used for a while.
And I will have to go back and check. I think you might have given me or posted the recipe. And I do want to try. I have been saving my trimmings from my meats for a bit now. But I might just go and pick up a butt or shoulder roast and grind it up.

David

Reactions: DougE
A meal after my own heart! A good cheeseburger and sausage is something I can eat anytime. Gravy on fries is a big fav of mine at least when I ate them. I’d have been ok with ketchup on that too.

I don't think I've ever seen ketchup on gravy fries, but what the heck. I'll game.

It all looks good David and welcome back to some sense of normalcy

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Yes nice getting back to my life as normal as it always was :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

I am a ketchup nut on some things , like Fish and chips must have ketchup, and if I can get beef gravy it is on the fries also and to dip my fish into.
Mona thinks i am crazy because my grandfather got me into ketchup on my eggs also ,especially on poached eggs on toast, lol

David

Mona thinks i am crazy because my grandfather got me into ketchup on my eggs also ,especially on poached eggs on toast, lol
I like ketchup on scrambled eggs and egg McMuffin type sandwiches. I'm not sure about the dipping fish in beef gravy. That sounds a little out there to me, but who am I to judge. I've been eating peanut butter on American cheese since I was just a tot.

Chris

• Wow
A meal after my own heart! A good cheeseburger and sausage is something I can eat anytime. Gravy on fries is a big fav of mine at least when I ate them. I’d have been ok with ketchup on that too.

Thanks Jeff for the comment

yes it is a meal we have quite often, quick and easy.
I like the tangs of the Hinze with the gravy, :emoji_yum:

David

Reactions: jcam222
Looks delicious David! Just got home from an afternoon in the tractor spraying my corn... wife is cooking burgers as I type... so perfect timing!

Ryan

Looks delicious David! Just got home from an afternoon in the tractor spraying my corn... wife is cooking burgers as I type... so perfect timing!

Ryan

Thank you for the comment Ryan

It really was a burger kind of day, and of coarse I made a pig of myself and had 2 burgers and both sausages :emoji_yum: :emoji_yum:

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky