Singapore Daily Photos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey dude. I spent 20 years in the airline IT business and had the great opportunity to travel the world... Hit Singapore about 10 times and loved it... If you can, hook up with a local and have them take you to their local haunts. Great food and very interesting folks off the beaten path. Enjoy the foreign culture while you can!

Food looks great! Thanks for sharing the sights and your impressions. Looking forward to more when you can.
smile.gif

They have a China Town in Singapore?
Anything like the China Towns youwould find in NY or other big cities here in the States?

Well dinner last night was a Brazillian Steakhouse. There was about 50 of us there. For anyone that has not been to a Churrasco its a never ending supply of grilled cuts of meat that are brought around on long skewers/swords and cut off onto your plate. I have been to these in Barzil and this one did not come close to the real thing but it was still good. They generally serve Beef,Pork, Chicken, Lamb. This one does not serve pork as its in a Muslim neighborhood.

This is a Caparinha. Its the Brazillian national drink sort of thing. Its frsh limes and raw sugar crushed in a morter and pestal and then mixed with Brazillian Rum called cachaça.

Some Local Flowers and the entrance to my Condo

Ive spent quite a bit of time over here and you are correct. Its a wondrful place and people are great. The local places are 1000 times better then your normal tourist areas.

They have a huge China Town area and also Little India...I really enjoy the China Town area

Im gonna get some Durian to try. I asked my driver to pick me up some and she said she would...Cant wait

One more quick photo and some interesting info that you all might like. This is a local Soldier. All males are required to attend 2 years in teh Singapore military once they finish school/collage and before they can go to work,. No exceptions, they are then on an active duty type thing and have to attend 2 weeks of service every year and have to maintain a certain physcal fitness. The program is sort of like natioanal guard but in the Army. These guys patrol everything and everywhere. All are very nice and friendly and willing to help and answer questions.

Headed out for some adult beverages tonight and will take care of this one..I may even get adventureous and head to Orchard Towers....Its called 4 floors of Hores but its not that bad.It has a great country bar...Nothing better than a bunch of asians in a cowboy hat and boots

Well, keep your zipper up Chris.
biggrin.gif
Well on second thought......
icon_wink.gif

Last nights dinner was......Frosted Flake cereal shrimp.. They put whole shrimp and pile on Cereal and bake them I think..The shrimp ends up with a light sweet taste. Im not a big shell fish so this is OK..

The bar ended up very tame but no photos...I will get some

The beer and Jalepeno slices look good...
icon_mrgreen.gif
Frosted Flake cereal shrimp...
icon_question.gif
icon_question.gif
icon_question.gif

Not all of us come and go like I do. Many people live here from other countries. I always see some things that you really dont expect to see here and there. 1 is a good ole american car (or as american as they get) or motorcycle such as Harley.......This is a friend of mine from canada that is moved down here a few weeks ago and decided to buy him a bike, I have never seen a Harley here with all my visits but he pulled up on this and had just bought it from the Only Harley HSop in SIngapore

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky