Simple Smoke Chicken Wings - Party Staple

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Net Loss

Original poster
Jun 18, 2018
Hey Everyone,

Not a game changer by any means, but for someone who has just started smoking foods, these chicken wings have become a new staple for us. Fast, Simple and great.
We Inject the wings the night before with a simple 50/50 Mix of Franks Red Hot and Beer (Miller Lite typically), cover them with some of the mixture and then coat with a Hickory Dust by Cajun Injector. * This is very similar to the tony chachere's cajun Seasoning. Put them on my Akorn Smoker with a little bit of Charcoal and Mesquite and let cook at 315-325 for about an hour. sometimes a little more depending on how things i looking. I like to flip once but that's neither here nor there. I am afraid to do these in my MES as i'm not sure the skin would Crip up at a lower temp, Thoughts?
IMG_0926.JPG
IMG_0928.JPG
Wing.jpeg
IMG_0953.JPG
Just a couple quick pics. Thanks.

I only use the kettle for wings, shorter cook and crispier skin with the Vortex. Your wings look great.

Point for sure.

Chris

I would go for a mess of them for sure in whatever you cooked them in. I have done them in the MES and they are good but I am also learning indirect hot and fast is the way to go for wings. Leave them indirect like you did, but crank up your acorn to the 400-425 degree mark next time and see what I mean.

I have an MES, and Ive smoked them many times. No crisping up is possible, and at 275 max heat - they take 4-1/2 hrs. Tossing them in sauce - with the smoke - makes a great snack. A dozen at a time for me!
I have since gotten a chrgrill, which I have been using more and more to but that char on the meats I cook, tri-tip, chicken etc. Im going to put them on there after the smoke and see how GREAT they come out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky