Simple Rosemary & Thyme Crusted Rack of Lamb

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
Been eating out of the freezer for a while now and tonight’s choice by the kids were a couple racks of lamb!!!

So the plan was just a simple crust of S&P and fresh chopped rosemary and thyme with some classic olive oil. (Sorry no pic....wasn’t thinking of making a post) I just coated them for a few hours and then roasted them on the pellet smoker at 390 for a total of 24 min flipping them over every 4 min.

I pulled them when the IT hit 127ish and the let them rest for 10 min on a rack till IT 135.
3EFAD3B5-0992-41DD-8AEB-85A9A42732E2.jpeg

when I was looking at these sitting there I’m like ok I better take a pic or two.....
2D612643-774F-4115-9E42-D007B51C9429.jpeg

The slice!
0B578B13-F07B-4FBA-B06D-618928B77902.jpeg

F0E7B2CF-1ABC-4EC1-9BF5-AE2D58EF5F8F.jpeg

Matched them with a batch of golden garlic mash and a red wine & balsamic glaze (equal parts red wine balsamic simmered with fresh rosemary, pepper corns, & thyme). Simple but elegant.
7EC8D786-D303-4DCB-BBDC-19BB16CF1ABF.jpeg

$$$ Rack of Lamb $$$
98245493-B29E-4954-9E3D-B8FDD160A180.jpeg

Damn that looks awesome, nice job!!!

Growing up I dated a Greek cattle and sheep ranchers daughter, I miss the tasty lambs he would send me home with for my family. NZ lamb had nothing on his lamb, maybe because he hung his lamb for 10 to 14 days after they were slaughtered. His marinade recipe was the best that I've ever tasted, he would marinade overnight then brush the lamb while it was roasting on the spit over oak and apple wood coals.

Try it next time you make Lamb it's awesome of beef and fowl as well.

- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
-1/2 onion, coarsely chopped.
-6 garlic cloves coarsely chopped.
-2 dill sprigs coarsely chopped.
-1 to 2 t fresh lemons juiced.
-1 lemon zested.
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary chopped.
- 1 palm full of fresh or dried oregano.
- 1 small palm full of coarse salt and pepper.

I'm telling you the stuff is bang'in.

Very nice work. Bet it taste wonderful.
Thanks cmayna! They were tender little chops of tastiness!
Very nice. That's one of my favorite things to cook. Your's looks delicious
Thanks Jake! My wife has to leave the room while I prep, she says something about sagebrush mixed with other words....but she does comes back to make the glaze! And I agree with you they are a fun cook!

Damn that looks awesome, nice job!!!

Growing up I dated a Greek cattle and sheep ranchers daughter, I miss the tasty lambs he would send me home with for my family. NZ lamb had nothing on his lamb, maybe because he hung his lamb for 10 to 14 days after they were slaughtered. His marinade recipe was the best that I've ever tasted, he would marinade overnight then brush the lamb while it was roasting on the spit over oak and apple wood coals.

Try it next time you make Lamb it's awesome of beef and fowl as well.

- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
-1/2 onion, coarsely chopped.
-6 garlic cloves coarsely chopped.
-2 dill sprigs coarsely chopped.
-1 to 2 t fresh lemons juiced.
-1 lemon zested.
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary chopped.
- 1 palm full of fresh or dried oregano.
- 1 small palm full of coarse salt and pepper.

I'm telling you the stuff is bang'in.
Thanks Fork! I’m going to try this on a bird in the new place once I have access to the X-Fire again! As a kid we had a walk in and aged our own beef...that stuff was just yum!
Wow...that's just beautiful. Perfectly cooked and pretty much mouth watering. Great job!!

Robert
Thanks Robert. Mid-Rare lamb is a wonder cause it has zero gamey favor...just tasty little treats....but just over that to medium and it’s game city......the glaze is a match made in heaven for the chops though!

Reactions: forktender
Reminds me of the best rack of lamb I ever had at a restaurant years ago. Damn. Looks so good.

Reminds me of the best rack of lamb I ever had at a restaurant years ago. Damn. Looks so good.
Thanks Danabw! It’s hard to get good lamb when eating cause it’s so easily over cooked but it is a fav of ours for sure!

Nice job Civil!

Looks great from here.

LIKE!

John
Thanks John! It’s rather quick meal, you just have to watch it closely when they hit 110 or so as the jump temp quick you its Johnny on the spot to get them off the heat and testing on a rack!
OMG'osh, simply divine, hell yeah, ya gonna drive me crazy with those pics.
Thanks chiler!! For starting out as a quick meal to clear out the freezer it turned out to be a MEAL!

Ok forktender forktender I had to try the recipe!!! I had everything but dill and oregano....but mixed mixed up the rest and put a few game hens in it.
EAE4A0D6-C8D2-44D4-AF84-E29572D91DA8.jpeg

C768716C-A764-4756-8A79-60B599BB43C5.jpeg

After a good soak they went on the pellet grill at 425 for a total of 15 min turning @1/2 time, then under the convection broiler for 4 min to toast the skin.
C0DA20D5-F119-49B0-8E12-E616818668E0.jpeg

Now the leftover forktender forktender inspired plate. Wrapped the lamb in foil and poured the glaze over them and heated them in the grill till they were warmed back up to IT 105. Then served with reheat garlic mash and fresh cut WM!
1A357B2A-3407-4DCA-B289-FFA9EEA2E083.jpeg

this is pure summer “Game” $$$
B4C00808-E42D-4179-BE1C-1D6F2FBFEB9D.jpeg

Ok forktender forktender I had to try the recipe!!! I had everything but dill and oregano....but mixed mixed up the rest and put a few game hens in it.
View attachment 453846
View attachment 453847
After a good soak they went on the pellet grill at 425 for a total of 15 min turning @1/2 time, then under the convection broiler for 4 min to toast the skin.
View attachment 453848
Now the leftover forktender forktender inspired plate. Wrapped the lamb in foil and poured the glaze over them and heated them in the grill till they were warmed back up to IT 105. Then served with reheat garlic mash and fresh cut WM!
View attachment 453850
this is pure summer “Game” $$$
View attachment 453849
If I had to leave out one thing in the recipe it would be the dill so you picked the right one to be out of at the time.
My mom brushes this stuff of shrimp and pours it over cracked Dungeness crab and it's great.
I'm glad you guys liked it.

Lamb is about my favorite meat, and yours looks ridiculously good!!
Awesome!!
Al
Thanks Al! The balsamic glaze is like it was created just for the Lamb in my book! I can say there wasn't one bit left between the two racks!

If I had to leave out one thing in the recipe it would be the dill so you picked the right one to be out of at the time.
My mom brushes this stuff of shrimp and pours it over cracked Dungeness crab and it's great.
I'm glad you guys liked it.

Fork, it was pretty dang tasty for sure and it would be killer over shrimp (ie scampi style) and crab! We are going to that on the bucket list for both!

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky