Signature Lines

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

willkat98

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 11, 2005
I have a request that will help me and other user help other users help each other.

Its simple.

Use the "attach signature" function in your profile, and put in the information of what cookers, tools, grills, etc that you use.

So if someone says "How do I keep temps up?", and you look down and see Brinkman vertical, or Weber Smokey Joe, you can give instant information instead of "What you cooking on?" posts.

Also, fill out the location section of your profile (I need to do that, but my signature does kinda give it away) so that we know in Feb as you ask that from MAryland the answer is different than Miami (for Maryland, its Water heater blanket :P )

But as far as the gender part of the profile, I'm exploring my feminine side currently, so I'm not sure how to answer. Gotta go. I'm going to the fabric store to pick up swatches for my drapes

EDIT: Just notriced signatures are not the default, so when you post, you then need to check off "Attach Signature" option before "Submit".

So I'll see if the Admins can switch to a default of attach if you use one (I know its supported in some PHP software

Found it

We control the signature lines

Your Profile
Public Information
Posting
"Allways attach signature" check off yes

Good idea Chi-Bill. I know there are several of us that already do this.

It was seeing your's Dutch that prompted my request :)

Yep, that's me!! Always a leader-but mostly I just lead them astray. :( :P

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky