Shrimp Creole.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
Last night's cuisine was shrimp creole instead of jambalaya.

PC300114.JPG

The wholly trinity, bell peppers, celery, and onion.
Touch over a pound of "jumbo" shrimp. Sure didn't look like that to me!

PC300119.JPG

Veggies with garlic and flour added.

PC300121.JPG

Everything added. A tad thick. Loosened with chicken stock. And adjusted creole seasoning. I never used Tony's before. Not bad stuff.

PC300122.JPG

Money shot! The recipe I decided to use was good. Though. I think a little too tomato based. I managed to correct with stock and adding some sugar. Which caused me to add more seasoning. But, it was successful save. And delicious meal.

Looks great, now I am wanting jambalaya lol, a good deer stew also runs through my mind. on vacation for the next week so anything is possible and you'll aint helping me loose weight lol

Nice looking shrimp creole Steve. I also like the Tony C's but agree with others it's a bit salty. I'm still on the hunt for the salt free version. Again nice job

Point for sure
Chris

Looks awesome Steve. You gotta watch out with Tony C's. One quick accidental snort of that stuff will have you sneezing your lungs out. It's my go-to when I'm stopped up. Ha!

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Man that looks good, Steve and you know we love those flavors...
Yup! Thanks Charles!

Looks bomb Steve! Give Slap ya mama a try sometime. It's my favorite Cajun seasoning
Thanks Jake! I have the Slap ya mama as well. I'll use that the next time.

Myself, I find both of these to be WAY to salty for my liking...

Everything looks good tho3
Thank you!

Looks good Steve .
Look for the Tony C's with the purple lid . No salt . Has good spice without all the salt .
View attachment 652969
I'll keep a look out for it. Thanks for the tip. Thanks!

Nice looking shrimp creole Steve. I also like the Tony C's but agree with others it's a bit salty. I'm still on the hunt for the salt free version. Again nice job

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! I'm looking for it now too.

Will have to look for the salt free as well ...
Let me know if you find it.

Looks great!! I’m overdue for some sort of Cajun creolambaytoufee type dish! Covering all my bases in making in case I veer from tradition haha

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Looks awesome Steve. You gotta watch out with Tony C's. One quick accidental snort of that stuff will have you sneezing your lungs out. It's my go-to when I'm stopped up. Ha!
Lol! Thanks Dave! You want pain? Last year I was curious how the XXX Habenaro powder smelled. Huge drama!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky