• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

shrimp and more w/qview

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
here it is we smoked for nine and 1/2 hours on Sunday !

My buddy and I did three different types of shrimp , pork steaks and a bunch of different types of stuffed peppers .

decided to do the peeled shrimp smoked them at 230 degrees for one hour, three different types of rub one had a spicy mix , one had a hot chicken rub and the last bag of shrimp was lemon pepper.

the pork steaks we put a little bit of season salt and "Head country rub" on them and smoked them for 4 hours , came out great and just fell off of the bones.

and of course the stuffed peppers we just tried what ever came too us .

note : we did smoke all of the items at the same time and same temp "230 degrees"  but the steaks was the longest at 4 hours and then the shrimp at 1 hour 15 minutes but i think 1 hour was good enough and the peppers we did for two hours.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Man I love smoked shrimp and yours look awesome!

onoku

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 27, 2011
My wife and I love grilled shrimp. I can only imagine how good smoked shrimp must be. mm mm mmm!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Awesome looking stuff !!!

Is that expanded metal stainless steel?

How hard is it to keep clean?

Thanks,

Bear

oldschoolbbq

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 16, 2008
Ravenclaw.them look good. Been a long time scince I had some fresh(I'm supposing they were)   
Not as easy to jump in the ride and go down to the Coast
 too far now.

Thanks for the pics, now my keyboard is wet

Have fun and remember...

realtorterry

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 5, 2009
MAN OH MAN!!

Im thinking of shrimp tacos, shrimp gumbo, jumbo shrimp, shrimp sacmpi, shrimp & more shrimp!!

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
reply to Bear,

The mesh grid is from Wally world , in the BBQ section. It is a aluminum grid and if you spray it first with Pam , I use the Olive Oil spray it makes it a lot easier to clean .

Comes in a 3 pack and here in Oklahoma it cost $4.00

I also use it when i smoke meatloaf keeps it together and is easier to put on / take off the smoker!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Thank You !

Bear

jdomep

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 30, 2011
where in the world did you find a steak that size? i have only ever seen steaks that big in movies.

chef willie

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 31, 2010
great looking shrimp....I could feel my HDL climbing just from looking...cajun shrimp & cold beer....yum

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
i got the Pork steaks from the commissary "Tinker Air Force base"

and the shrimp and pepper's came from a local market Crest Foods.

and those Pork steaks sure do taste good , and the best part is not a lot of work to smoke them

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.