Shrimp and Grit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Johnny Ray

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Western, KY
Tonight my wife and I made shrimp and grits. One of my favorite dishes.
I cooked my stone ground grits per package instructions. Once done I added in a bit of habanero cheese and a generous portion of aged extra sharp Vermont White Cheddar cheese.
While the grits were simmering I seared off my shrimp seasoned with blackening season in bacon grease.
My wife made a pan sauce with chicken broth, garlic, white wine, lemon juice and butter. She usually adds in capers but we were out so she diced up some peppadews and threw them in at the end.
I poured my grits into my shrimp and grits bowls, added the shrimp, crumbled bacon and poured the pan sauce over the dish.

Let me tell you... when I took my first bite I heard the angels in Heaven singing.
Perfect amount of acidity from the lemon juice and peppadews and a bit of heat from the habanero cheese and blackening season. The crisp bacon added the textural crunch the dish needed.
All in all a wonderful dinner and the best part I got to enjoy it with my best friend.

8E532C63-E892-4A41-9B1D-7C7FDF38E641.jpeg

Thanks for looking. Take care God Bless and stay healthy.

Johnny Ray

I'm a fan! Looking great...JJ

I'm a fan! Looking great...JJ
Thanks Chef. I’m a huge fan of S&G and alway give them a try hen I see them on the menu. I have to say these were better than most.
Looks good, dig some good shrimp and grits
Thanks Kevin!
My favorite dish! Looks great!
Thanks Blues. S&G could be my last meal and I’d be good with that.
Looks great. I need to make some soon.
Thanks Steve. I could eat them once a week but my wife is not as crazy about them as I am.
Oh man that looks incredible!
Thanks CJ!
One of our favorites - stone grown yellow grits! Nice looking bowl of goodness there
Thanks Rich. I must say they were dang good!

The shrimp n grits look awesome!! I sure could use a bowl today with this lousy weather. Would be nice to eat a bowl and then take a nap on the couch with a full belly!

I need to make it again soon!

Reactions: Johnny Ray
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky