Should I buy another Masterbuilt MES130B

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

clarkkent1521

Original poster
Feb 20, 2021
I have a broken MES130B that I posted about here:
Masterbuilt customer service said I need to replace the bottom power circuit board which costs $38-75, but none can be found anywhere. Masterbuilt just dropped the price of the entire smoker from $230 to $150. Should I just buy another one? It worked great for several years and $150 is around my budget for a new smoker. Hopefully there will still be some available next Friday when I get paid.

My old one can probably still be fixed but this may be a limited time offer or while supplies last.

As long as your element works, the PID should be all that's needed. Unless I'm missing something.

As long as your element works, the PID should be all that's needed. Unless I'm missing something.
All is explained in the post I linked. My heating element won't come on because something is causing my sensor to read 300 degrees. Common sense would say the sensor is faulty but it's possibly the power circuit board.

Reactions: Winterrider
If you disconnect the factory wires from the heating element and connect a power cord directly to the element, you then plug the other end of the new power cord to the PID. You have bypassed all of Masterbuilt's controllers, etc. Very easy to do.

If you felt it was necessary to buy another Masterbuilt smoker, I would go for a MES40.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterrider
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky