• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Should I buy another Masterbuilt MES130B

clarkkent1521

Joined Feb 20, 2021
I have a broken MES130B that I posted about here:
Masterbuilt customer service said I need to replace the bottom power circuit board which costs $38-75, but none can be found anywhere. Masterbuilt just dropped the price of the entire smoker from $230 to $150. Should I just buy another one? It worked great for several years and $150 is around my budget for a new smoker. Hopefully there will still be some available next Friday when I get paid.

My old one can probably still be fixed but this may be a limited time offer or while supplies last.

smokerjim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 14, 2014
did you check out pid's , tallbm has a great how to on here.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
As long as your element works, the PID should be all that's needed. Unless I'm missing something.

clarkkent1521

Joined Feb 20, 2021
As long as your element works, the PID should be all that's needed. Unless I'm missing something.
All is explained in the post I linked. My heating element won't come on because something is causing my sensor to read 300 degrees. Common sense would say the sensor is faulty but it's possibly the power circuit board.

cmayna

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 23, 2012
If you disconnect the factory wires from the heating element and connect a power cord directly to the element, you then plug the other end of the new power cord to the PID. You have bypassed all of Masterbuilt's controllers, etc. Very easy to do.

If you felt it was necessary to buy another Masterbuilt smoker, I would go for a MES40.

Last edited:

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Sep 29, 2018
^^^^^exactly, it will bypass your troubled spot.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.