Short Rib Burnt Ends On The Stickburner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jake, beautiful looking burnt ends! And those beans look pretty delicious too, especially with some fruit in there. Can’t say I’ve ever done that but that’s something I need to try.

You nailed that plate!
Thanks joe. If you try them let me know what you think

Thanks joe. If you try them let me know what you think

Does the fruit maintain some texture when finished? We have a good stash of frozen fruit that my wife uses for shakes, but I’m wondering if using that will turn mushy once cooked. I’m assuming you used fresh?

I’ll finally get her to eat her beans if I throw her strawberries and blackberries in lol.

Jake, this looks really good. The blackberries in the beans was a unique twist, but looked great. The only problem is that you wasted Guinness man.

Does the fruit maintain some texture when finished? We have a good stash of frozen fruit that my wife uses for shakes, but I’m wondering if using that will turn mushy once cooked. I’m assuming you used fresh?

I’ll finally get her to eat her beans if I throw her strawberries and blackberries in lol.
The strawberry and blackberry just seem to shrink some. Keeps most there texture though. I used fresh. I'd think frozen might get mushy but not sure

Man those look juicy Jake. Excellent work

Chris

tenor.gif

Great looking meal Jake! I see the ribs at the store all the time but never thought to make burnt ends out of them. LIKE!

Excellent job Jake! Love that smoke ring! Whole meal looks great!

Ryan

Never tried making burnt ends with short ribs, but after seeing those, you can bet I will for sure.
They look fantastic!
Al
Thanks Al. I saw them at the store and couldn't resist. Was just gonna smoke and eat but then the burnt end idea hit me. I liked them better than brisket burnt ends

Well I'm some what late here and just about all has been said. But dang man what a awesome looking job a great cook on those ribs and the to die for beans for sure a fantastic plating job.

Warren

Well I'm some what late here and just about all has been said. But dang man what a awesome looking job a great cook on those ribs and the to die for beans for sure a fantastic plating job.

Warren
Thank you Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky