Shishito Chimichurri

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Shishito Chimichurri
Saute a dozen or so large Shishito peppers in a little olive oil, then coarsely chop them.
Coarsely chop about a half cup of parsley and add to peppers, add 1t minced garlic.
Add approx 1T lemon juice and 1T lemon zest, 2T red wine vinegar and 1T olive oil.
Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and carefully pulse to minced consistency.
Salt to taste.
Chill for at least two hours before using.

20220910_161546.jpg
20220910_182248.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds really good Keith. Is that a big slab of prime rib you have it on? Probably not knowing how much game meat you do but it sure looks like PR.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: chilerelleno
Yes, as you now already know, it's is indeed prime rib.
Yep...and spectacularly cooked!! I have a full 103 sub primal rib section in the fridge that's gonna get cooked for a group of friends on the 24th. Hopefully mine comes out as beautiful as yours did.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
Yep...and spectacularly cooked!! I have a full 103 sub primal rib section in the fridge that's gonna get cooked for a group of friends on the 24th. Hopefully mine comes out as beautiful as yours did.

Robert
Hopefully? People at Chez Robert's on the 24th will be eating some of the finest food in the great state of Texas.

Reactions: JLeonard
Hopefully? People at Chez Robert's on the 24th will be eating some of the finest food in the great state of Texas.
We can hope my friend, we can hope. I've set the bar pretty high and the expectations from friends are equally as high. Decided to do a totally different cooking technique for this prime rib. Did a trial run yesterday on some NY Strips. Much smaller of course but same concept. These were amazing!! Look at the color on the steaks. A couple teaser pics. This was a bit more upscale than most of what I've done recently but oh man it was good!!
019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

• Love
Reactions: chilerelleno
As long as no one asks "Excuse me, do you have any A1 steak sauce?" like they're eating Institutional grade sirloin at Western Sizzling.
Several years ago we were in Las Vegas with some of our family. One evening we went to a very nice restaurant to eat and my brother-in-law ordered the filet well done :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. As I knew would happen, it came out not burnt enough for him so back it went to get destroyed by fire. It came back black and he was happy. Then he asked for ketchup, I kid you not. They brought him a bottle of Heinz in a champagne pedestal bucket.

True story...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky