• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
lurk.gif
  Shhh! Still no slice pics.

ROTF.gif

I've seen those, they look great!

Was waiting on the grand finale

Last edited:
Well, it seems as though YNOT2K's comments derailed this thread?

Can we put it back on track and use part of it as a learning experience, if need be? 

Is anyone on here or anywhere, perfect and knows everything? I don't thinks so. 

sfprankster, as you know, I was looking forward to your Q-view and think you're a good cook, with or without smoke.

The pic YNOT2K is referencing does look a bit strange to me too, if that's the right word to use. I've smoked my first and only brisket in my MES years ago when I first got into this "hobby". Let me just say that I didn't eat much more of it than a taste. The dog on the other hand wished he had some buttons. So I am of no help here, if there is a need.

YNOT2K, perhaps you could have used different language. Not that it was anything horrible, but still...

Many of us here know that you have a BBQ joint and it is doing well, which is a good thing.

Could you or anyone else in the know, explain what may have gone wrong with this brisket? If that is the case.

My apologies if this post is inappropriate.

I truly apologize if my comment/question seemed harsh - it certainly wasn't intended that way.

Yes, I do own and operate a BBQ joint, but I don't claim to be an expert. I do, however, have quite a bit of experience smoking briskets of all grades - select, choice, prime, wagyu, etc.

I was just wondering how it tasted?

With a few more details I may be able to offer some constructive advice, and I would love to.

What was your smoker temp?  How long was the entire cook?  Did you use an instant read thermometer to check internal meat temp?  If so, at what temp did the point/flat finish?  Any other details about how you determined the brisket was done?

Collagen breaks down, in my experience, somewhere in a wide range of temperature, the lowest of which could be around 150 degrees.  But each brisket is different and gets tender at it's own temperature.  I've had briskets that are still hard as a board at 195 degrees in the flat and 205 in the point.  Cooked them longer, and they finally relaxed to a tender state - at a much higher temperature.  Some are tender at a lower temperature.  That's what makes this so difficult!

As I said, I'd love to share whatever experience and knowledge I have.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky