1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Serving / slicing table

Discussion in 'Catering & Large Group Gatherings' started by jeremy5431, Apr 30, 2019.

1. jeremy5431

jeremy5431 Fire Starter

Hi everyone

I was at my in laws cabin this weekend and I have always loved their butcher block countertops. This got me thinking has anyone ever made a serving table / cutting table out of butcher block that can be folded like a banquet table?

2. fivetricks

fivetricks Smoking Fanatic

Seems like that would be very heavy and hard to maneuver

3. chopsaw

chopsaw Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

I have seen tables and flooring made from end grain blocks set in resin . Not portable , or for food preparation on the table. Just for looks .

4. jeremy5431

jeremy5431 Fire Starter

Ha your right. It would be about 90 lbs for a 5’ table. Would be kinda cool for a party but your right very heavy.

5. Menard’s has maple countertops for a pretty reasonable price, that could probably be repurposed with a set of legs from a plastic folding table.