Semi dried pepperoni pizza .

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks so good! I need to go back and look at your method bc I have a ton of the SM pepperoni seasoning and didn’t like it at all. Been meaning to toss it but if i can salvage it, even better!

Pizza looks outstanding!
Thanks for the comment .

LOL , yeah I think I remember when you bought that . I've almost thrown it out several times .
Give this a try with a chub the next time you make Summer sausage or smoked sausage . See if you like it , then try a couple pounds of pepperoni .
Non-coated pink paper , fully cooked , cut in half or slice the end off . Wrap and fridge .

Reactions: 73saint
Thank you Richie . I have a section of " Reaper sausage " wrapped and drying out now . Should be getting close .

Let me know if you need more I can't use as much as what I have.
Richie

Reactions: chopsaw
Man that looks great! Ive done a few semi dry pepperoni runs . femented then smoked/cooked. Always been happy with the flavor but just not the right texture. I'll give it a rest in the fridge for a few weeks next time. Your comparison picture says it all. Almost looks like a dry cured sausage.

Wow, great job on the pepperoni Rich, and your two pizzas look wonderful! Just a all-around great piece of work, big Like! RAY

Alright, all my typical snide, sarcastic, left-handed comments aside, I have to say this is one of the most beautiful pizzas I have ever seen. Excellent job on the pizza itself but kudos also for the patience to stick with the maturing of the pepperoni. That's what makes all the difference as you have stated. Not long ago I did a bunch of cured and dry aged sausages, including pepperoni. It takes time but the end product is well worth it. Outstanding job!!

Woo....just WOW!!
Robert

We have made homemade kielbasa and it turns out great (not smoked). But now I'm VERY interested in smoking/curing/drying/whatever pepperoni. Great post, great pics, this just makes me happy! It also combines my other love, PIZZA!

Making homemade dough today for use on Wednesday; sure wish I had some of that pepperoni to go on it!

Gonna start researching now to make my first batch for future enjoyment, thank you for the inspiration!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky