SeenRed's --- Cilantro Lime Chicken w/ Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

marshman71

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Rock Falls, IL
Ran across SeenRed's Recipe the other day for Smoked Cilantro Lime Chicken, in one of the forums and I thought I'd give it a whirl since I had all the ingredients,  it looked pretty good so figured why not.   Thanks Red.   Hope you don't mind me reposting your recipe  & sharing a  Q View Pics from my smoke.

Couldn't Just throw the chicken on all by its lonesome so made up some sweet corn w/ seasoned butter and made a few ABT's   now that's Dinner.

SeenRed's Recipe

Smoked Cilantro Lime Chicken....

Marinade:

1/4 cup fresh lime juice

1/2 cup chopped cilantro

6 cloves minced garlic

1 Tbs. honey

1 Tbs. olive oil

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine marinade.  Place 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a gallon ziplock bag, and then pour the marinade over the chicken.  Marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.  Place on smoker @ 250* for approximately 2.5 hours, until internal temperature of chicken is 165*.

Ohhh Ya!!!

drool.gif

Pretty good Red.   I just needed to marinate longer ... but i was pressed for time .. my fiancee said I needed to make again

I will marinate them overnight next time really get that lime into the meat.

Fantastic, wow looks delish...

But what in the world is an ABT?  Are they bacon wrapped jalapenos?  I'm dying to know so I can make them!   Hahahahaha.

Gadsden,  

Yes ABT's are bacon wrapped jalapenos ....  ABT stands for  Atomic Buffalo Turd ( don't ask me why i didn't name it )   Always called them stuffed jalapenos 

or Bacon wrapped jalapenos myself ... even have heard them refered to as Rat Tails.  if you leave them whole core them stuff them and them put the caps

back on w/ the stems.  

That looks really good!  I have put corn on the grill but have not smoked it.  Saw some corn done the other day with Bacon wrapped around it and grilled.

Kat

Made the marinade yesterday and let the breasts marinate overnight until this afternoon. Wrapped the breasts with bacon and smoked them 2.5 hours. Will be eating them in 15. They look and smell great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky