Second smoke Sunday, tips wanted

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

resstealth

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 19, 2014
Berea, KY
Hey everyone, I'm doing my second smoke Sunday. This one is gonna be a bit bigger, so I'm looking for some pointers. I'm going to smoke a rum injected ham, 4 racks of spare ribs, and more of the bacon wrapped chicken thighs. I'm thinking roughly 6 hours on the ribs, 3 in the ham, and 2 on the chicken. Obviously I'll be going off it, those are just my ball park figures. Any pointers?

Is the ham one that says to cook to 138* or so before serving, and what is the weight? (duh, maybe you don;t have the ham yet) Also, intended smoke chamber temp? I think you're looking at around 35 minutes/lb (give or take a few) for the ham to reach 138* @ 225 smoke chamber temp.

Do you have a glaze planned for the ham, or straight rub & smoke? Maybe with injection a glaze might be going a bit too far, but then again, maybe not...just tossing some thoughts, here.

Eric

Don't have the ham yet, plan on injecting and dry rub. Going to smoke at 240, don't have the ham yet

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky