Seared Cajun Pork T-Bones (W/Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well, it looks like you sure have cooking pork chops figured out, Robert. Looking fine to me.
Could you expand a bit on Jakes seasoning method??
Gary
I only blacken fish but first you season the fish with Cajun seasoning/blackening then dip the filet in melted butter and season again. The onto a hot flat top or cast iron pan. It's a trick I picked up years ago and is the best blackening method I've found. Not to hijack Roberts post but here is a blackened catfish I did a while back

Reactions: GaryHibbert
Robert, those are some outstanding looking chops :emoji_grinning:, I could definitely eat one of those. Love Cajun seasoning so could you tell us some more about TNJAKE TNJAKE 's seasoning method you used? When a pork chop has the tenderloin under the bone, they are called loin chops. Bone-in chops without the tenderloin are called rib chops. At least that's what we called them when I worked in the meat department at Winn Dixie way, way, way back in the day. They were always at least 10¢/lb. more for the loin chops...
See post 21

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
I only blacken fish but first you season the fish with Cajun seasoning/blackening then dip the filet in melted butter and season again. The onto a hot flat top or cast iron pan. It's a trick I picked up years ago and is the best blackening method I've found. Not to hijack Roberts post but here is a blackened catfish I did a while back

Thanks Jake. I missed that post. Glad you included the link.
Gary

Get looking chops and a mighty fine plate
ya got there Robert ! Gotta try the ole double dip method for sure !!

Keith

Screenshot_20220331-144231~2.png
Screenshot_20220331-143955~2.png

Heck of a nice job on those chops Robert. They look delicious. We try to eat a salad with most meals as well. Glad the blackening technique worked out for you

Thanks so much Jake. As noted, we do a lot of salads around here, especially in warm weather. As for the blackening technique, that is spot on. Absolute perfection.

Dang that looks excellent. I'm glad that you like Home Place. We get a box of stuff from there monthly.

Thank you Jim and I'm really liking Home Place. In addition to the pork and a couple other great things we've had, they make an excellent breakfast sausage. I thought about the monthly membership but with Tracy having certain food issues I'd be afraid we get stuff she couldn't eat so decided against it. For most folks though it's a great deal.

Cooked to perfection! I love mine a little pink exactly like that. Great salad, too.

Very much appreciate it Sven. I've discovered that there is a very fine line with pork between perfection and torched. Salads around here are fun because there are so many different ways to make them.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
A properly cook p-chop seems to be for that in a hurry meal to me but hey I would be in a hurry to gobble it down! Nice cook and to the right temp!

clifish clifish you asked for the blackening season recipe. Here ya go. Simple but delicious:

2 T Paprika
1 T granulated Garlic
½ T Onion powder
1/2 t dried Thyme
1/2 t dried Oregano
1 T salt
1 t cracked black pepper
1 t cayenne pepper

Man I do love a good pork chop we don’t eat them meaty often enough for some reason. Those are done perfectly!!

This was somewhat of a game changer for Tracy. She would tolerate pork just to vary the menu a bit but after these, she's asking for it as opposed to just tolerating it. Thank you for the kind words my friend.

That looks awesome. Wife wanted me to ask about the salad. Looks simple and tasty, what’s in it?

Thank you. The salad is super basic. Tomatoes, celery, green bell pepper, onions, cucumber, and a few capers. Tossed with my homemade garlic and herb infused olive oil and red wine vinegar. Good stuff!!

Robert

Reactions: clifish
It took me years to convince my wife that pink pork is fine. She'd char it! Fantastic looking meal Robert!

Same here Steve, same here :emoji_wink: If I did manage to get one just a bit pink she'd throw hers into the microwave and torch it. Appreciate the kind words buddy.

Looks great pork Rules lol

Thanks Mike but this is Texas so that's kinda hard to say without suffering the wrath of the beef purists. I'll give pork a close second though

Looks great Robert, nice looking meal all around.

Thank you Chris. I appreciate it sir.

Robert

I honestly don't remember what cut they call these
Robert , I always called those sirloin chops , but after seeing yours I'm gonna call them good .
Those look great . Don't see them much around here any more .
Nice work .

Another outstanding looking cook Robert, done to perfection! Thanks for posting the rub recipe too, bookmarked! RAY

Nice Chops Robert !!
Great Plate Too, as always!

Thanks so much Bear and I appreciate the like.

first you season the fish with Cajun seasoning/blackening then dip the filet in melted butter and season again

Not questioning your method Jake but instead of dipping, I melted the butter in a small bowl and gently basted the chops using a brush. I was afraid all the seasoning from the first round would just come off if I dipped them.

Get looking chops and a mighty fine plate
ya got there Robert ! Gotta try the ole double dip method for sure !

Thank you Keith. The double dip technique is amazing.

Robert

Reactions: TNJAKE
Robert that meal looks absolutely killer and something I’d enjoy sitting down too. The blackening seasoning and pork is a great combination of flavors!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky