sealing the firebox on CGSP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kajun

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Panama City, Florida
I broke down and bought a new char-griller with firebox....i wanted something that i could smoke with and grill using charcoal...the electric ECB worked fine but i missed that charcoal taste.

has everyone sealed their firebox on the CG? is it needed? i've been waiting to to put it together so i can seal it....i have been trying to find that Rutland Hi-temp stove& gasket cement that Teetoe used..i've been to home depot and lowes.. and can't find it........is there anything else that works? or should i just put it together and start smoking?

It'll work just fine as it is ......!!! I'm just picky and like to tinker with stuff
biggrin.gif

If you want to get smoking go ahead and get it together, seasoned and smoking. Personally i'd say that the more important mods to get done are lowering the smoke stack to just above grill level and adding a decent therm or two.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky