Seafood Gumbo...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
One of the guys @ the firehouse was given a bunch of seafood...

4lbs. 16~21 count shrimp
2lbs. lump crab meat
1.5lbs. crab claws
2lbs. oysters
2 lbs. frog legs

I donated 2# smoke sausage and 1# andouille for the gumbo.
IMG_20190121_180358.jpg

IMG_20190121_181337.jpg

Perks of the south... perfect night for it...29* here....

Go ahead and rub it in "perfect night for it... 29*". Man you guys are killing me these days. That gumbo look terrific Inda.

Point for sure.

Chris

I think I see some File sprinkled in there. Nice. Best thing about gumbo is, well, its gumbo. No, its cool to try others recipe as no 2 gumbos are alike. Good stuff.

Edit to add: It's 54 * here in S Texas!!

Reactions: JC in GB
Donated? Wow, folks love Fire Fighters in your town! That Gumbo looks pretty amazing. I love Frog's Legs and I can see they would be perfect in Gumbo...JJ

I think I see some File sprinkled in there.
I love file' in gumbo! I use more than most in my bowl...

Donated? Wow, folks love Fire Fighters in your town! That Gumbo looks pretty amazing. I love Frog's Legs and I can see they would be perfect in Gumbo...JJ

As long as you don't take advantage of people, they are very friendly here. From what I'm told the seafood was a little Lagniappe from a barter trade of some kind. And yes, frog legs are awesome in seafood gumbo. I like to leave the meat on the bone and separate the legs at the knee. Just gotta be sure you don't over cook the seafood.

That gumbo looks great! I’ve only ever made it twice...but I have a ring of andouille, should make it a 3rd time

Like!

Very tasty looking gumbo there. Keep the wonderful firefighters fed well... They are all greatly appreciated.

Damn gumbo looks great! I wish I had friends that liked me enough to give me seafood haha
Thanks. It was delicious!

IDS,I would love a bowl of that! 12 below here this am,your 29 sounds balmy!
And it is now 71* for a high today....go figure. South wind is pulling in the warmth.

That gumbo looks fantastic!
Nice & meaty!!
Al
Thanks Al! It was good!

That gumbo looks great! I’ve only ever made it twice...but I have a ring of andouille, should make it a 3rd time

Like!
Yes indeed! Get on it!

Very tasty looking gumbo there. Keep the wonderful firefighters fed well... They are all greatly appreciated.
Thanks Winterrider... WE do eat well @ the station.

Awesome gumbo a great jester by someone to donate that. Helping those who help others is fantastic.

Warren
Thanks Warren, People like to share the bounty we have here in Louisiana.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky