Seafood Diablo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great and a nice combo of seafood. I've not had this dish in quite a few years, not everyone in my crew eats seafood.😕 Your Sauce recipe is nicely balanced...JJ

Just a tip for all. The flavor of Fresh Herbs can be highly volatile. Some are more hearty than others. Fresh Thyme can stand long cooking times, Cilantro Leaves don't hold up more than a couple of minutes. For the best result, add Dry Herbs from the beginning and Fresh Herbs near the end of cooking a dish or sauce.
A good trick, and John you reminded me of it, 👍is to add bundles of Soft Herb Stems from the beginning. Then add the Leaves near the end. There is no waste and the Herbal flavor develops a Layered effect giving your food that something extra that makes people wonder why your food is so much better than their's...
chef jimmyj chef jimmyj

Thanks for the kind words and the fresh herb suggestions. I learned the hard way with the fresh stuff but seem to have a handle on it now.

Take care my friend,

John

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Beautiful plate! Anything with seafood is fine by me! I like the quantity of the seafood shown in the pictures. Just enough for two people, or one very hungry person. Thanks for sharing and providing the recipe! 🍻
Wurstmeister Wurstmeister ,

Hardest thing for many folks is figuring out portion control. I have found that the scale is your best friend in the kitchen. . .Along with sharp knives of course!

Give this recipe a try. . .I think you will like it,

John

That dish looks fantastic. Thanks for the recipe and for showing how to make it. We have an Italian restaurant that serves Shrimp Diablo that is good, but
this looks like it beats it hands down. Can't wait to make it.
WI Smoker77 WI Smoker77

Let me know how it compares after you make it.

Thanks for the kind words.

John

Reactions: WI Smoker77
John that is a great looking dish, nice step by step Points
Richie
Thanks Richie

Coming from you means alot. . .Thanks!
I wanted to make it as easy to follow as possible for those who have never tried a dish such as this one. I was hoping it would be worthy enough for the carousel for maximum exposure. Maybe nest time.

Take care my friend,

John

BandCollector, One more quick question: When you add the crab meat at the end, is it cold, room temp, or do you heat it like the rest of the dish? Sorry for not understanding. Have never used lump crab meat.

Hardest thing for many folks is figuring out portion control. I have found that the scale is your best friend in the kitchen. . .Along with sharp knives of course!

John

John
We can't be wrong on this recipe with two John's talking?! LOL!! I 've put your recipe on my items to purchase list for the next food run. I'll let you know how it turns out. 🍻

BandCollector, One more quick question: When you add the crab meat at the end, is it cold, room temp, or do you heat it like the rest of the dish? Sorry for not understanding. Have never used lump crab meat.
WI Smoker77 WI Smoker77

Since crab meat is so expensive I just purchase canned lump crab meat. Since it is already cooked before caned I just put in on top directly from the can.

Enjoy,

John

Reactions: WI Smoker77
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky