Scored some wild forks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Well surfing wild forks today lol O.o ... Thought I would try some different sausages. Tired of mystery meat hot dogs lol. Threw in soime nice chops and some skirt for fajitas.

aa-092e-4eb4-8487-96dc76770dbd_500x500_crop_center.jpg
BEEF INSIDE SKIRT STEAKapprox. 1.25 LB
pork-ny-chops-family-size-0015_500x500_crop_center.jpg
PORK NY CHOPS - FAMILY SIZE5.0 LB
000001-steakhouse-sausage-0002_500x500_crop_center.jpg
PORK STEAKHOUSE SAUSAGES1.0 LB
3724-original-bratwurst-0003_500x500_crop_center.jpg
ORIGINAL BRATWURST SAUSAGE1.0 LB
716-sweet-italian-sausage-0009_500x500_crop_center.jpg
SWEET ITALIAN SAUSAGE1.0 LB

Nice looks like your going to be eating good

Reactions: negolien
I'm sure some of the bread baking guru's can help you out with that they like most around here are enablers :emoji_laughing:

• Haha
gotta use some kinda tailgator type bun. I am gonna use the sweet sausage to put in some spanish rice sometime.

Great looking links!!
I'm torn on buns for the dogs though so tired of soggy ass regular hot dog buns.. Any ideas?
I'm with you here.
I like to get the long baguette loaves then slice them to length, then cut off about the top third, dig out some of the bread from the bottom piece and make a nice nest for the sausage. This helps out if you are planning kraut, peppers, etc. to keep everything in and manageable. I really hate brats, italians, or any other big sausage served on a big bun when after one or two bites the whole darn thing is falling apart. I prefer the least amount of bread to make the sandwich palatable.
I have to think back to the movie "Back to School" with Rodney Dangerfield. He does the same thing with a loaf of bread, dumps in all the Hors D'oeuvres and makes a huge sandwich.

Great looking links!!

I'm with you here.
I like to get the long baguette loaves then slice them to length, then cut off about the top third, dig out some of the bread from the bottom piece and make a nice nest for the sausage. This helps out if you are planning kraut, peppers, etc. to keep everything in and manageable. I really hate brats, italians, or any other big sausage served on a big bun when after one or two bites the whole darn thing is falling apart. I prefer the least amount of bread to make the sandwich palatable.
I have to think back to the movie "Back to School" with Rodney Dangerfield. He does the same thing with a loaf of bread, dumps in all the Hors D'oeuvres and makes a huge sandwich.
Yeah that's my hate too the split and get soggy just straight gross lol. I had a brat at an a's game was good wonder what kinda buns they use

Probably nothing special besides the rice and sausage unless someone has some ideas. I got the chops because I' am tired of the cheap sirloin pork chops I been getting. I' am open to ideas for the steak other than fajitas just seemed like the best way to use it

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky