Scored a nice cooler for Curing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jimalbert

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 30, 2009
Lehighton, PA
I always struggle finding room to cure my hams/meats. Those days are now over. Found this guy on the Facebook marketplace. Negotiated to 75 bucks and had my uncle (commercial refrigeration guy) stop by to take a look. Gas was very low and we picked up a small leak (very small), filled it and its golden. I will most likely drop the 150 bucks and pick up a new evap coil but for the time being its good. Beverage Air MT12. Needs a good cleaning but fully functional.

Attach2554_20190106_130513.jpg

Reactions: SGMan
Now I just need to decide if I want to try to mod it to control humidity as well. Start doing some dry curing.

jimalbert, take a look at pictures attached - this is about what you are going to need to build your curing chamber in general.
Temperature controller, humidity controller, humidifier and dehumidifier. I use a small computer fan (modified) to move air inside the chamber and run it through programmed timer. My setup is not the best but it works. Other guys on this forum may chime in as well...

Attachments

• IMG_2400.JPG
    IMG_2400.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2398.JPG
    IMG_2398.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2392.JPG
    IMG_2392.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 26
Great find just make sure that it does operate for a period of time before you load it with meat. Would be sad to lose a batch.

Warren

Here I am highlighting me and my friends, we thought we would like to start a Beverage Parlour in Ontario city Canada.
But we was disappointed to find the better cooler that was a fraction of an inch too tall to fit under the counter.
I heard about 3 door commercial cooler that can store very large items in a large quantities. We did a lot of research
before purchased a beverage cooler for parlour. Still need more clarification about this product, So please share
whatever you know and that will help me for moving forward.
Thank you

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky