Schnitzel night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 28, 2018
Green Bay, WI
Haven't made schnitzels for quite a while.

I made a bunch of schnitzels and served it with a mushroom and onion gravy and stuffed mushrooms.

I used the standard 3 station breading method.

They turned out very nice. Brought me back to my military days in Germany...

I wish I was a better photographer... >_<

Schnitzel.jpg

These look great. We have a German restaurant here in S.C. that makes schnitzel. They start with a think cut pork chop and beat it out flat. Usually the size of a dinner plate. Yum!!!

Reactions: JC in GB
I did... Now what??!?!?!

Start over, I guess :)

Here's the one we make with schnitzel and also the spätzle recipe we use.

Start over, I guess :)

Here's the one we make with schnitzel and also the spätzle recipe we use.

Very nice. Thanks for the links. I may give one or more of those a try next time round.

JC :emoji_cat:

Looks great! LIKE. Can't get the family into schnitzel but not giving up on it. I like german potato salad with it but not that picky.

Reactions: JC in GB
Thanks for the like JC in GB it is appreciated.
My grandmother use to make breaded pork chops though. She fried them in hot oil in the fry pan.

Warren

That looks killer. Nice job! I wish mine looked like that! Care to share any pointers?
I use the classic three bowl breeding method. I keep the oil at least half way up the meat and turn periodically to prevent the breading from getting too dark.

Reactions: zwiller
That looks killer. Nice job! I wish mine looked like that! Care to share any pointers?
Sure....season the flour well....in my egg dip i use one tablespoon of milk or cream per egg and a pinch of salt.....I make my own breadcrumbs. Once I tried that I never went back to store bought.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky