scarbelly...........are ya alright?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yup - power failure took out power to 3 million caused by a single workman in Phoenix. I think it was a plot to make us share the heat LOl

Power went out here at 3:45 and it was 102 * so Mrs Scar and I moved the motorhome around in the driveway so we could get a shot at the satellite and catch the news and the football game.

We cranked up the generator and had the AC running so we had a Glamping (glamor camping ) nite in the driveway. Even though we live out of town it was amazing how many more stars we could see with all the lights off.

Power is back on and to quote a friend "it's all good"

Thanks for checking on me.

nice to hear gary and i wouldnt wish this AZ heat on anyone..............not even you!
beercheer.gif

I sure hope not - what they said today was whatever he did caused all of the generating stations to go into defensive mode and shut down to keep from being damaged. It took out over 900 generating and switch points on the grid. When we went to bed at 11 they only had restored 37 of them. The rest came on line thru the evening and into the early morning - we have had 3 outages today but they came back pretty quick

Country boys can survive!

Glad it went well for you Gary.

I moved from the city to a small town(something like where I grew up) about 15 years ago.  One of the first things we noticed was that there were stars in the sky.  I will never go back!

Good luck and good smoking.

I sure hope not - what they said today was whatever he did caused all of the generating stations to go into defensive mode and shut down to keep from being damaged. It took out over 900 generating and switch points on the grid. When we went to bed at 11 they only had restored 37 of them. The rest came on line thru the evening and into the early morning - we have had 3 outages today but they came back pretty quick

That's amazing that 1 guy did all that.  I just hope this doesn't cause copycats elsewhere.   I'm glad you guys got your power back

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky