SB - Ribs - Quick Question?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

morningwood

Original poster
Dec 2, 2013
Made 3 small Racks for the Super Bowl. They lasted 7 minutes total... Guess next time I should make 6 Racks!!!

This was my second smoke and these were a little better than the first.

Set the smoker at 230 Deg. using cherry in the amnps.

2 hours 15 mins mopping with Apple Juice every 45 mins

then wrapped and put back in for 2 hrs.

then sauced and back in for 45 mins at 220.

They turned out great! 

Any suggestions on if I should be trimming more fat? They didn't seem / taste too fatty but now that I look at the pics you can see the fat? I thought more might have been rendered?

Sorry this is the only picture I took.

Made 3 small Racks for the Super Bowl. They lasted 7 minutes total... Guess next time I should make 6 Racks!!!

This was my second smoke and these were a little better than the first.

Set the smoker at 230 Deg. using cherry in the amnps.

2 hours 15 mins mopping with Apple Juice every 45 mins

then wrapped and put back in for 2 hrs.

then sauced and back in for 45 mins at 220.

They turned out great! 

Any suggestions on if I should be trimming more fat? They didn't seem / taste too fatty but now that I look at the pics you can see the fat? I thought more might have been rendered?

Sorry this is the only picture I took.

If they only lasted 7 minutes then I wouldn't put too much concern into their appearance...You did a great job evidenced by how fast they disappeared.  Nice Job!

Last edited:

If they only lasted 7 minutes then I wouldn't put too much concern into their appearance...You did a great job evidenced by how fast they disappeared.  Nice Job!
X2 what BC said.  I usually trim my spares up a little, but you can't get all the fat (nor would you want to)...and judging by how fast they disappeared, I'd say you got it about just right.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky