Sausage smoke with new PID Controller

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by macbillybob, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Smoking 5 lbs of beef sausage and about 3 lbs of Linguica. I have high hopes for the Linguica. The test fry was great and I believe a good smoke will really enhance the taste.

Using my new PID controller and it seems to be keeping the temp pretty stable. Smoking with Pecan and a little Oak.

2. From the smoker to an ice bath and now hanging with the fan on.

3. lu1847

lu1847 Smoking Fanatic

looks good...i love portuguese sausage. i like your smoke house as well.

4. mgwerks

mgwerks Smoking Fanatic

I agree to both - and I'd really like to see a lot more on your smoker setup!

5. The smoke is generated by the El Cheapo Brinkmann smoker I got on closeout at Walmart. It is ducted though my storage cabinet into the smokehouse on top. The smokehouse is a little small but I don't do massive amounts. The 8 lbs of sausage this time is the most I have smoked. I installed one of the replacement elements you can get on ebay and built a PID controller to run the element. Doing some bacon today and not using any electric heat, just the heat from a small fire.

I use Pecan and Oak. The pecan falls from the sky in our neighborhood and people are happy for me to take it. I probably have a 10 year supply after my neighbor had a very large limb cut and the guy who did it was happy to leave as much as I wanted. I just have to split it and cut into chunks.

6. pandemonium

pandemonium Master of the Pit

Nice smokehouse

7. treegje

treegje Master of the Pit

The sausage looks stunning, excellent job [​IMG]