Sausage smoke with new PID Controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

macbillybob

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 31, 2010
San Antonio Texas
Smoking 5 lbs of beef sausage and about 3 lbs of Linguica. I have high hopes for the Linguica. The test fry was great and I believe a good smoke will really enhance the taste.

Using my new PID controller and it seems to be keeping the temp pretty stable. Smoking with Pecan and a little Oak.

The smoke is generated by the El Cheapo Brinkmann smoker I got on closeout at Walmart. It is ducted though my storage cabinet into the smokehouse on top. The smokehouse is a little small but I don't do massive amounts. The 8 lbs of sausage this time is the most I have smoked. I installed one of the replacement elements you can get on ebay and built a PID controller to run the element. Doing some bacon today and not using any electric heat, just the heat from a small fire.

I use Pecan and Oak. The pecan falls from the sky in our neighborhood and people are happy for me to take it. I probably have a 10 year supply after my neighbor had a very large limb cut and the guy who did it was happy to leave as much as I wanted. I just have to split it and cut into chunks.

The sausage looks stunning, excellent job
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky