Sausage & Pasta Night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Some of my chicken Italian sausage on the left for the wife, Italian hog sausage for me on the right.
DSCN1938.JPG

All our summer cooking is being done outdoors now. Sausage three minutes a side on the Weber , direct heat over the coals
DSCN1647.JPG

Pasta and sauce on the Ranger 2 propane stove set up right across from the flat top
DSCN1937.JPG

Everything came together in ten minutes, I'm loving this
DSCN1939.JPG

Plated up with a little Caesar salad and a glass of cab
DSCN1940.JPG

It was 106º outside at dinnertime so we ate in, breakfast on the patio with the coffee and the morning paper is becoming routine. Saved a couple of hog sausages for a pizza on the Weber in the next day or so, working on how to fit my stone. Thanks for lookin' in! RAY

That’s some good looking comfort food right there Ray! I couldn’t imagine cooking a meal like that inside in your heat. I don’t want to do it here, let alone AZ.

Reactions: sawhorseray
man that looks good. on a side note the yard looks great. I try and maintain my lawn pretty well but damn yours is sharp, like a hi and tight. what type of grass is it? With my next question there is no malice aforethought, expressed or implied. Is it astro turf or what ever its called? my water bill was 200 this month and was considering swapping out part of the yard to it.

Great meal . I like chicken for Italian sausage . I like cooking outside . Been in the 90's here and humid . Nice set up too , make room for the 360 out there .

Wow Ray, that is one fine lookin' meal my friend.

Yep it's pretty hot outside, and gonna get hotter next week. When it gets over 110, like it's going to, high pressure misters and pool do not help much....for me anyway.

BIG LIKE!

John

Looks mighty good Ray. Point for sure Chris

Thanks Chris, we were pretty darned happy, and thanks for the Like,I do appreciate it. RAY

That’s some good looking comfort food right there Ray! I couldn’t imagine cooking a meal like that inside in your heat. I don’t want to do it here, let alone AZ.

We keep the AC set at 75º and it runs just about 24 hours a day all summer Joe, no sense making it work any harder than it already does. Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Nothing wrong with those sausages I could eat either one. I would like some fried onions and peppers though. Warren

I make the chicken sausage pretty much for my wife Warren, tho when I eat one I absolutely love it. The hog Italian sausage I make has quite a lot of garlic in it that doesn't always agree with Jan, tho she'll eat one on occasion . Thank you for the Like Warren, I do appreciate it. RAY

Mighty fine looking plate there!

Thank you, and thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

man that looks good. on a side note the yard looks great. I try and maintain my lawn pretty well but damn yours is sharp, like a hi and tight. what type of grass is it? With my next question there is no malice aforethought, expressed or implied. Is it astro turf or what ever its called? my water bill was 200 this month and was considering swapping out part of the yard to it.

It's synthetic grass, https://www.synlawn.com/. We had the backyard done when we lived in CA to save on water and the water bill. When we moved to AZ a year ago we had both front and back yard ripped out and replaced it with this stuff. No mowing or watering, I take a power leaf blower to it every couple of weeks and my yardwork is all done. Thanks for the Like, I appreciate it. RAY

Looks fantastic Ray. I could eat that about every day.
Yes the yard looks "great". Our grass is getting burnt up with very little rain. Can't water 1.5 acre without going broke.

Looks good Ray , 106, but it's a dry heat isn't it. :emoji_laughing:

It is a dry heat Jim, and you get used to it! RAY

Thanks for the LIke JL, I appreciate it. RAY

Great meal . I like chicken for Italian sausage . I like cooking outside . Been in the 90's here and humid . Nice set up too , make room for the 360 out there .

I add chardonnay, dried tomato, and black olives to my chicken Italian, that and my hog sausage Italian is about all I ever make anymore Rich. The 360 would require running a power cord, and then I'd have to think up something to put in it. Thanks for the Like Rich, much appreciated. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
Wow Ray, that is one fine lookin' meal my friend. Yep it's pretty hot outside, and gonna get hotter next week. When it gets over 110, like it's going to, high pressure misters and pool do not help much....for me anyway. BIG LIKE! John

Thank you John! We talk about misters from time to time and have just come to realize we are Hot People! I hate the cold anymore but as long as I can stay in the shade of the patio with the ceiling fans going it's not so bad. Being in and out of the pool a half dozen times a day has really given me the opportunity to work on that bronze sun god look too! Thanks for the Like amigo, much appreciated. RAY

Looks Great Ray!! Yup---Gotta save some for Pizza!! Nice Job! Like. Bear

Thanks Bear! Been thinking about pizza over the coals for awhile now, just have to figure whether to use the SnS, Vortex, or neither. Thanks for the Like John, I do appreciate it. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky