Sausage Casing Stuffing Capacity

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pantherfan83

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Evansville, IN
I found this link and thought it would be useful to a lot of people. I was trying to figure out how much I could stuff into Beef Middle Casings and found the answer here:

http://www.insca.org/modules.php?name=Casings&cont=1

Over toward the top-right, there is a box, where you select your casing type (e.g. Pork, Beef, Sheep) and it will take you to a page where it lists all the different sizes and tells you the stuffing capacity. It tells you in kilograms, but you can convert it my multiplying by 2.2 or 2.20462262 to be more exact. Looks like this link could have a lot of other interesting information on it too, but I haven't had a chance to look through it yet.

Maybe this topic could be stickied?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky