• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

SAUSAGE BRISKET MEATLOAF

buzzy

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 11, 2007
I love a good smoked meatloaf & yours certainly looks to be one. Never used hot Italian sausage in mine but surely will next time. We do use Cheezit crackers instead of Ritz. With all the different flavors they have it's easy to change flavors.
Points for sure!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I love a good smoked meatloaf & yours certainly looks to be one. Never used hot Italian sausage in mine but surely will next time. We do use Cheezit crackers instead of Ritz. With all the different flavors they have it's easy to change flavors.
Points for sure!
Thank-you!
I’ll have to give the Cheezit’s a try, sounds like a winner!
Al

sprky

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 26, 2007
I gotta try this out looks amazing. Thanks Al for posting this.

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009

forktender

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
After running into this post last night I decided to thaw out some Wild Bison, Wild Antelope and home ground Pork sausage. I smoked up 2 white onions today along with 2 pablano's right out of the garden to smoke up a meatloaf tonight. I'll get it started in a few minutes, we keep weird hours so this will be for Monday nights dinner. I'm stealing your plastic wrap idea.........damn that looks like it was great.
Dan

Last edited:

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
After running into this post last night I decided to thaw out some Wild Bison, Wild Antelope and home ground Pork sausage. I smoked up 2 white onions today along with 2 pablano's right out of the garden to smoke up a meatloaf tonight. I'll get it started in a few minutes, we keep weird hours so this will be for Monday nights dinner. I'm stealing your plastic wrap idea.........damn that looks like it was great.
Dan
Thanks Dan!
Your meatloaf sounds delicious, don’t forget to take some photo’s & start a thread

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
Al. I was going to try to make this next week. Looks like you where trying to use the soup for a gravy. Do you think it does anything for the meatloaf while it cooking? Seems like it would just runs off.

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Al. I was going to try to make this next week. Looks like you where trying to use the soup for a gravy. Do you think it does anything for the meatloaf while it cooking? Seems like it would just runs off.
Your right the juice does run off but it make a great base for gravy. The onions stay on top of the meatloaf giving it a bit more flavor
Al
Looks great Al, I prefer buttered mashed with my meatloaf.
I like it that way too, as a matter of fact that is exactly how I had some for dinner last night
Al

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
YES! wow love this! Great cook and thanks for the recipe Al!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.