Saturday spareribs with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wlkwichita

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 18, 2010
Wichita Kansas
 Did a rack of spares today. I decided not to trim them. I rinsed the meat, removed the membrane, and applied a light coating of McCormick pork rub. Smoked over apple at around 230F. Did a modified 3-2-1, basicaly 3.5, 1.5, 1. I mopped on a bit of Sweet Baby Rays for the last 20 minutes.

Good eats!!!!! My family is out of town, so it was just me and the beagle! We both were pleased with dinner!!

9fcc5965_Rubbedspareribs10-30-2010.jpg

06152f18_spareribs10-30-2010.jpg

22fabe2d_Spareribslicecloseup10-30-2010.jpg

2e45b6af_platedspareribs10-30-2010.jpg

0584d5a9_Isabelenjoysribs10-30-2010.jpg

Looks like some FINE ribs !!!

Perfect pull back and the color looks great.

That ole hound aint going to want to run no rabbits if ya keep feeding him pig.

The money shots were great, but that last pic about gave me a heart attack 
eek.gif
  That is one lucky dog!!!!  Mine might get a bone to knosh, but not one that meaty!!!

Gotta agree, pretty awesome looking ribs there.

But OMG the last pic could be a commercial during the super bowl!!!!!

I think we need a sticky just for the OMG to die for pics.

It would be so cool to have them in one place for our viewing pleasure.

BTW. Thanks for the great shots.

haha, the pup looks pumped to have some good meat.  my dog knows whenever i fire up the smoker or turn on the grill she is going to get something tasty as well.

one question, will your dog break up the rib bone and eat that too?  when my pup was only 6 or 7 months old i gave her a rib thinking she would just eat the meat then kinda chew at the bone.  instead she broke up the bone and ate the whole thing.  there was nothing left.  i wont give her rib bones again.

icon_cool.gif

Well your ribs look great and like Bob (eman) said the pull back looks good and alittle sauce on them before finshing in the smoker. Now I don't trim my ribs either but I do take the mambrane off also. Ok to the dog I also thought that dogs shouldn't have pork bones???

haha, the pup looks pumped to have some good meat.  my dog knows whenever i fire up the smoker or turn on the grill she is going to get something tasty as well.

one question, will your dog break up the rib bone and eat that too?  when my pup was only 6 or 7 months old i gave her a rib thinking she would just eat the meat then kinda chew at the bone.  instead she broke up the bone and ate the whole thing.  there was nothing left.  i wont give her rib bones again.

icon_cool.gif

Well your ribs look great and like Bob (eman) said the pull back looks good and alittle sauce on them before finshing in the smoker. Now I don't trim my ribs either but I do take the mambrane off also. Ok to the dog I also thought that dogs shouldn't have pork bones???
My old hound dog (Beagle / Walker Mix) has been eating rib bones for 12 years now and still gets around like a puppy. He only gets 2 or 3 at a time, but he's never had any ill effects. He's one more testament to the POWER OF PORK.
biggrin.gif

Your ribs look totally awesome, but that happy little pup stole the show on this thread !!!!

Thanks,

Bear

Great looking ribs man  and the puppy is really cute

Looks awesome!  LOVE THAT DOG SHOT!  his eyes tell the whole story.  BTW, i think poutlry are the bones you want to avoid giving the pups.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky