Saturday Smoking Session for the neighbors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Got to try out my new smoker (Used Masterbuilt 7-1) and my Bradley. Fired up them both in morning with one to mess with and one a bit more serious. New smoker took a bit o messing around and the windy day did not help. Some oak and apple in Bradley and mesquite charcoal and hickory in Masterbuilt.
1) Baby Backs- 1 with Killer hogs and cola sauce and 1 with a korean style marinade
IMG_2057.jpg
IMG_2058.jpg

IMG_2073.jpg

Both came out excellent! 2-2-1 wrapped with butcher paper

2) Pork belly chunk- prob 4 pounds, rubbed with Killer Hogs
IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

Also very good, great smoke ring. Used 2/3 for burnt ends, sliced the rest

3) Smoked mixed veggies with velveeta, ground prime brisket, mix of veggies, bacon. Was supposed to do a bit back but had to freeze. Messed with texture. :( Taste was great!
IMG_1992 (1).jpg

3) Smoked baked beans- Bush's, extra brown sugar, onion, spices, and covered in bacon ends. Good. Need some jalepeno and pineapple.
IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2075.jpg

4) Chuck Roast- sous vide for a bit from frozen, chopped for burnt ends- missed good pic.
IMG_2077.jpg

5) Flank steak- Penzeys Quebec Seasoning and tenderized; Korean Begogi marinade and tenderized- both came out very excellent off grill; Marinated chicken breast for a specific neighbor; missed pic of 3#'s prime brisket burgers
IMG_2074.jpg

All in all some good grub. First smoked pork belly. Nicer weather, some good bourbon and a great time! Fun with neighbors and my cousin and friend from college. Enjoy the pics! Jarod

Man must be some happy neighbors. That’s two posts in a row I’ve hears of this 7 in 1 master built. What part of Michigan are you from?

Reactions: jmusser
Man must be some happy neighbors. That’s two posts in a row I’ve hears of this 7 in 1 master built. What part of Michigan are you from?
They are good people and brought some sides and we crushed a bottle of Angels Envy brought as well.
From Bay City, but have been in Kalamazoo for 20 years. I just got my 7-1 last week and posted questions here.
The other one I saw was a 7-1 air fryer I believe.

Wow! Alot of great looking food! Even better than that a good time with neighbors and old friends!

Ryan
Thank you, appreciate it!
Damn I'd eat all of that!
Thank ya! U better be fast :)
Now that's a feast ! How many neighbors did you feed lol ?
12 neighbors, cousin and her BF from college. We really did n't have too many leftovers. Bunch of grazers as the night rolled on. LOL
That's a great looking belly, also on my to smoke list Big like
Its like going to a buffet, so many chooses so little time.....Ha ha
David
Thanks David! We love to entertain and we have never been ones to skimp on food. For us, on time is late; just enough food won't do!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky