SATB slaw?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
??Huh?? I know that in music SATB means Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass. Don't see how that would apply to a slaw, though.

For what it's worth, Carl, me and Richard elect you to be the SMF Test Dum. . opps, ah, er . . Test Taster (yeah that's the word I'm looking for)
to explore this issue and report back with your findings!! :mrgreen:
I'm sure Tulsa Jeff will cover your travel expenses -most likely he'll cover the bottom of a bird cage with your expense report; but I digress-:twisted:

Thank you Debi! :oops:
Scottâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Authentic Texas BBQ (shoulda known), even my toes are blushing :roll:
What threw me off was they offer regular slaw and SATB slaw (somehow I was thinking elements of ATBâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s in a slaw,) I guess!

Your welcome Up -
Sometime we need someone from the outside to look in on us. It's the forest and trees thing don't cha know...
Don't feel bad - I've been know to lose my glases when there on top of my head!

Debi

guess it's settled.. I was thinking along the lines of Sweet And Tangy something.. almost right.

Not to worry Carl, Years ago we took my sister out for Chinese food, She was reading the menu and the waiter came by and she asked him <as she pointed to the item> "What is fr fr pot"? she asked. The chinese waiter replied "French Fried Potatoes" I still laugh when I think of it ..

Joe

O.K. hereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the deal…SATB slaw is their signature (get it?) cole slaw. It has a sweet & sour poppyseed dressing instead of the creamy style, also the cabbage is cut real thin like angelhair pasta, it goes real nice with BBQ! Thank you all for your patience! Whew!
:oops:

Speaking of snakes that might've bitten you, wouldn't that be ABTs?

And speaking of slaw, would anyone be interested in a good original(from Viet Nam) viet namese chicken slaw recipe? If so, Ill bring it from home and post it.

Tim

Looks like Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m going to wear this topic like an albatross! Duh (ABTâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s) I shoulda thunked instead of thinked. :oops:

Be that as it may Dickydoo, I do love slaw and I do love chicknâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]…so please bring it on so that I may add it to my gastronomic repertoire! :roll:

Here it is:

Saigon Albatross-I mean Chicken Slaw

You'll need:

! 16 oz. bag of shredded cabbage (preferably angel hair cut)
1/2 large onion extra thin sliced
2 large julienned carrots
1 1/2 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts simmered in broth, cooled and shredded into srips along the grain of the meat.( the idea is to reduce the chicken to a size similar to the vegetables.

Toss all together then make dressing:

1/4C rice wine vinegar
juice of 1 large lemon or 1 lime (I prefer lime)
1/4C fish sauce
3Tbs sugar

Whisk dressing together until sugar is dissolved, pour over salad, toss and chill for at least 30 minutes. Toss again just before serving.

Quick and easy and oh so tasty. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Tim

Hey dicky, this recipe really ought to rock if it was made with smoked chicken breast meat! Yum, yum!!

Hey Carl- from your statement, sounds like you may have read the "Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner". I read it-can't remember if it was in the 8th or 9th grade.

"Ah! well-a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the Albatross
About my neck was hung."

arrrrrrrrgghh, ya heard right laddie!
wink.gif
I believe it was in the year of our Lord, 19 and 6?…well, a long time back there! :roll:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky