Santa struck again!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

6GRILLZNTN

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 12, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
On Xmas day 1980 (I was 9), Santa gave me the rifle at the top of this pic. Daisy model 881 Powerline .177 pellet, BB rifle. Well, Santa struck again. He gave me a rebuild kit for the same rifle. All tuned up now and shoots like a champ. I also decided to get the Remmy Speedmaster 22 LR out for a cleaning.
IMG_0452.jpg

Very cool.

I love my pellet guns.My Beeman R1 .20cal and RWS 54 .22cal are my workhorses.Also have become a big fan of Gamo airguns.

Great story on the childhood airgun, you're a special person to still have it and all it's memories.
Way to go rebuilding it, now shoot the S$!t out of it again!

Wish I still had my first airgun, it was a Benjamin/Sheradin Silver Streak.
So accurate you light phosphorous kitchen matches with it at 25 yards.

Now I've a Beeman Sportsmen RS2 Series (dual caliber) and a classy British made BSA Lightning SE with an old school Bushnell Banner scope on it.

I want to get a large bore air rifle, .30 cal or better.
But if I do I want to go whole hog and go PCP.
But the initial outlay for a decent compressor, tanks, valves and rifle is substantial.
Maybe once I get some savings back in place.

Reactions: JLeonard
Great story on the childhood airgun, you're a special person to still have it and all it's memories.
Way to go rebuilding it, now shoot the S$!t out of it again!

Wish I still had my first airgun, it was a Benjamin/Sheradin Silver Streak.
So accurate you light phosphorous kitchen matches with it at 25 yards.

Now I've a Beeman Sportsmen RS2 Series (dual caliber) and a classy British made BSA Lightning SE with an old school Bushnell Banner scope on it.

I want to get a large bore air rifle, .30 cal or better.
But if I do I want to go whole hog and go PCP.
But the initial outlay for a decent compressor, tanks, valves and rifle is substantial.
Maybe once I get some savings back in place.
I'm considering adding some more air guns to my arsenal. When I get ready, I'll get some advice from you for sure. I have two shotties, my 22 LR, an RG 22 revolver, a S+W Saturday Night Special, and my Walther PPQ pistol. I have more fun with my Daisy than the others. WAY cheaper to shoot to boot.

Nice that you got it already for plinking again. I have a Benjamin Jim Shockey steel eagle
22 cal at 1100 fps. quite a punch.

Nice that you got it already for plinking again. I have a Benjamin Jim Shockey steel eagle
22 cal at 1100 fps. quite a punch.
That's packing a wallop. I've seen mods for my Daisy to get it higher, but I'm keeping this thing bone stock.

That's packing a wallop. I've seen mods for my Daisy to get it higher, but I'm keeping this thing bone stock.
That's with a light round. My favorite pellet is the H&N Hunter Extreme that forktender forktender told me about. It's heavier. So, I'm only getting around 900-950 fps with that. But. Man. The whack that makes is awesome!

A rebuild kit for a pellet rifle, now that is a COOL gift. I wish I had gift givers so thoughtful!

That's with a light round. My favorite pellet is the H&N Hunter Extreme that forktender forktender told me about. It's heavier. So, I'm only getting around 900-950 fps with that. But. Man. The whack that makes is awesome!
I used Benjamin flat tipped back in the day. When those things hit a bir..ahem..target, it gave off a really loud SLAP!
A rebuild kit for a pellet rifle, now that is a COOL gift. I wish I had gift givers so thoughtful!
I thought so. I live in the city these days, so no backyard shooting, but a buddy lives a few miles away and has enough yard to shoot. Heading there Saturday.

We still have our crosman 766 in the family somewhere, just found a rebuild kit for it for $25

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky