Sanotize....Covid Nasal spray

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The takeaway is that it DOES NOT cure covid but can reduce the chance of developing a full blown case IF you inhaled some of the virus by killing the spores before they spread and breed.
Which to me means, since there is no way to know if one just got exposed, is that it needs to be inhaled every time you take a breath around or in an area where you might get exposed.

I would not be mixing up my own things to spray into my nose. That's a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

I also don't think I'd touch this product with a 10 foot pole right now.

Have to agree I don't think I would try to make my own, I know you southern boys are tough but we like having you around.

Warren

It's a complicated chemistry experiment you're proposing.

You'd have to
1 - separate the NaNO2 from NaCl
2- reduce the NaNO2 to NO
3- capture the NO (it's a gas) and dissolve it in a carrier liquid (water?)

Probobly easier to buy some Nitric Oxide muscle builder supplements, open the capsules, and snort them. Pease don't do that either.

Or how about this for a stupid idea:
8 HNO3 + 3 Cu → 3 Cu(NO3)2 + 4 H2O + 2 NO
Chemisty to English translation:
Toss some copper into a bucket of nitric acid and breath the fumes.

Last edited:
Reactions: yankee2bbq
something like makes sense to me if just leaving crowded venue or such. i dont think i would be modifying it though.

No, this does not seem to be a gimmick.
You can read a research paper here:

The results are pretty exciting so far.

There are ongoing clinical trials in the US, Canada, and Israel.

Even if it only works soon after symptoms begin (like tamiflu) - you'll get less sick.
Or even if it only decrease how much virus you shed - you'll infect fewer people, and get better sooner.

This stuff would also be super cheap and easy to manufacture, even in poor countries.

NO is not a synthetic steroid or dangerous chemical. It's made by plants, and in our bodies, it's in the air (though too much causes acid rain).
I'm sure some adverse reactions will be reported, but compared even to Tylenol, it should be quite safe.

I think this is that rare occasion where I pull out my professional chemist card and say "don't try this at home..."
I mean, it would be waaayyy easier to just get a tank of NOS at the racing store... - no, don't do that either.

• Haha
Reactions: chef jimmyj
Well, I do know that a 0.5% solution of povidone Iodine as a nasal rinse and mouth gargle is very effective at reducing Covid virus load in the airway.

This seems pretty sketchy to me. If you look at the actual study that was published, they tested the nasal spray as a treatment for people who were already infected and had symptoms. The results showed a reduction in viral load in the nasal passages of the infected people and a reduction in the length of time of feeling sick. However, the size of the study is super small at 80 people. That's tiny, and while it may look promising, that's a long, long way from proven safe and effective. For context, the mRNA vaccines were tested on over 30000 people during phase 3 trials.

There is a big red flag, though: they didn't test it in any way as preventative measure, but that's what they appear to be marketing it for, and appear to be already setting distribution in Asia, well before any FDA approval. This is often the strategy of medical scammers that know they'll never get approval and won't ever be available in the American markets. Not saying that's the case here, but it makes me wary.

In my (non-expert) opinion, it seems that the best use of it would be to help reduce how contagious people are after they get sick, but I'd still need to see FDA approval (or at least emergency use authorization) before I'd use it. I certainly wouldn't try to make some at home.

I mean, it would be waaayyy easier to just get a tank of NOS at the racing store... - no, don't do that either.

I dont think Racing NOS is meant for Human consumption, but you can get all the food safe WHIPETTES you want at Restaurant and Baking Supply Stores! Head Shops still sell the dispensers to fill Balloons. Damn, that's some late 70's memories.😂...JJ

• Haha
Reactions: forktender
I dont think Racing NOS is meant for Human consumption, but you can get all the food safe WHIPETTES you want at Restaurant and Baking Supply Stores! Head Shops still sell the dispensers to fill Balloons. Damn, that's some late 70's memories.😂...JJ
Lol, true, the racing stuff has a bit of sulfur dioxide added to taint it to prevent abuse. Hey at least you have those memories still!

There definitely appears to be way more than a scam going on with this. Read through their news page. Seems like serious potential to me. Hopefully the bigger pharma giants don’t squash this before it’s proven out. https://sanotize.com/press-releases/
I've spent years in the Pharmacy industry and agree it appears a legit study. I would guess they already had a semi viable product for other inductions (fungus, etc.) that had already passed initial safety studies and decided to test against covid -not on a whim really- but more "hey, there's a resonable chance this could work" based on limited data rather than a built from the ground program to target covid.

Reactions: jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky