Salmon summer sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Griff 4570

Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Made a batch of salmon summer sausage. Used kokanee from a local lake. The first time l made this I was afraid it would be over bearing, so I used hog casings. Figured just a little smaller than a Ritz cracker would be just about right. It was a hit with family and friends so I've jus continued to use hog casings. Most people slice it and eat on a cracker. My favorite is to throw it on the grill and eat it on a hotdog bun with a good mustard.
20171028_203002.jpg
20171028_203002.jpg

Reactions: SmokinAl
4pounds salmon
1 1/2 pounds pork
4T tender quick
1T coarse black pepper
1T garlic powder
1 T mustard seed
2 1/2 T crushed red pepper flakes
1t cayenne pepper
Smoke to 155 internal temp.
This recipe was given to me at a sportsshow by one of the Smokehouse reps doing a sausage making seminar. The gentleman's name was Roger if I remember, not sure of his last name. He used sockeye. I use kokanee which is a landlocked sockeye. I like to use alder for smoke. Just my choice when doing fish, but have thought of trying apple.

Yes 4 tablespoons of tender quick. It doesn't taste salty. I've made it a handful of times and never had anybody that didn't like it.

WHOOPS !!!! My calculation error... Sorry.... Somehow I screwed up... STANDBY !!!! I'll screw up again... Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky