Sales this week...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
...are kind of weak in my area. Nobody around me really has a deal on corned beef, last week neither. Kind of different, but not surprising with this inflation.
Food Lion has St. Louis ribs for $2.99/lb and 10 lb. bags of leg quarters for $5.90 each. 5 lb. bags of Russets for $2.50 a bag. Ok deals, but not "I've got to run out and get that!" deals.

Kroger has whole beef tenderloins and snowcrab legs for $12.99/lb. and the only "deal" this week on corned beef. Their store brand is $3.99/lb.

KJ's has cabbage for 39¢/lb. I've got some of that fermenting as we speak, also put some in the freezer. First time for that, but buzzy buzzy does it and recommends it so I'm doing it, too.. Also whole pork loins for $1.59/lb. The ad doesn't say if that's boneless or not and I didn't look when I went.

Publix has USDA Choice top sirloin steaks for $5.99/lb. OK price if you need some. Medium lobster tails $13.99/each, I'm running right out to stock up...lol and snowcrab legs for $17.99/lb. Gonna stock up on them, too...lol.

Not many real good deals this week or at least to me...

Food Lion in my area also has Choice T-Bones @ $7.99/lb. and whole Butts @ 1.59/lb. as well as the St. Louis ribs @ 2.99/lb. When you've posted their sales in the past, they're normally the same. I go to the Inwood, WV store.

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Food Lion in my area also has Choice T-Bones @ $7.99/lb. and whole Butts @ 1.59/lb. as well as the St. Louis ribs @ 2.99/lb. When you've posted their sales in the past, they're normally the same. I go to the Inwood, WV store.
Yep, same sales here. If they would just cut those T-bones at the store level, they would be a great deal, but they never have one in the counter over maybe 1" thick...

...are kind of weak in my area. Nobody around me really has a deal on corned beef, last week neither. Kind of different, but not surprising with this inflation.
Food Lion has St. Louis ribs for $2.99/lb and 10 lb. bags of leg quarters for $5.90 each. 5 lb. bags of Russets for $2.50 a bag. Ok deals, but not "I've got to run out and get that!" deals.

Kroger has whole beef tenderloins and snowcrab legs for $12.99/lb. and the only "deal" this week on corned beef. Their store brand is $3.99/lb.

KJ's has cabbage for 39¢/lb. I've got some of that fermenting as we speak, also put some in the freezer. First time for that, but buzzy buzzy does it and recommends it so I'm doing it, too.. Also whole pork loins for $1.59/lb. The ad doesn't say if that's boneless or not and I didn't look when I went.

Publix has USDA Choice top sirloin steaks for $5.99/lb. OK price if you need some. Medium lobster tails $13.99/each, I'm running right out to stock up...lol and snowcrab legs for $17.99/lb. Gonna stock up on them, too...lol.

Not many real good deals this week or at least to me...

Yeah deals are weak here in Dallas too.
Being in beef country there are always Choice grade steaks for $4.99-$6.97 a pound. This week has T-Bones at one store and bone in Ribeye for $6.97/lb. Other than that nothing special.

I FINALLY saw a really good sale on canned tuna which I thought would be happening a bit more this time of year (Lenten season). There are normal kind sales on it but this is $0.49/can on Chicken of the Sea one time purchase digital app deal, limit of 8 total at Tom Thumb. It's a shame those on digital deals are not repeatable. Like they are not repeatable even in a different store, but oh well. 8 cans will be fine for me at that price for making salads and Tuna cheddar mac on Fridays when the only meat I'm eating is fish or eggs :)

Market Basket has a chain-wide grand opening in all stores and there's really nothing outstanding on sale though.We're gonna stick to buying the majority of our meats at Aldis.

The only problem I have with shiners is I want to drink em all and that don't agree with me these days hahaha... Shiner Bock that is :D
I too used to imbibe Shiner Bock with the same outcome. Great beer, I have some pint glasses a buddy got from a DC BBQ/bar.
1647468805082.png

I too used to imbibe Shiner Bock with the same outcome. Great beer, I have some pint glasses a buddy got from a DC BBQ/bar.
View attachment 529170
Oh yeah buddy its good stuff and that's the kind of glass to drink it from! :D

I only drink about 5-6 times a year since it makes me so damn sick for days after, but I find myself drinking Shiner Light Blonde and Shiner Bock a lot when I do.

The light blonde is damn good and you would never know its 99 calories and less than 4gm net carb per beer. All that makes a difference when I tie one on and drink like 15+ in that day :D hahaha

Reactions: motocrash
I just read about a farmers fertilizer bill in 2020 was $300k in 2022 it will be $800k so expect these beef prices to go thru the roof soon.
They can’t afford to plant grains to feed the animals.

Beef prices here are down a bit , and poultry is up again . Just like the last time it cycled .
Pork is up but about the same as it has been .

I just read about a farmers fertilizer bill in 2020 was $300k in 2022 it will be $800k so expect these beef prices to go thru the roof soon.
I was in Home Depot last week and a bag of Scott's weed and feed was $80!!!! Between that and gas I can't imagine what my weekly landscaping bill is going to be?

Reactions: Plinsc
Not looking for deals. I've got less than 2 weeks to clean out the freezer and pack up.
Where? Last fall MAP our primary granular fertilizer doubled in price and was getting scarce. Anhydrous ammonia inventory was even tighter.

Reactions: Plinsc
Beef prices on strip loins and briskets dropped 50 cents a pound here . Maybe check back when they get the next load .
It's just so frustrating. About all I usually get there is brisket and boneless butt (and spices and nitrile gloves). The last time I was there they had a 12# packer for $60.
That's about twice what it was a couple of years ago.
You never know what you're going to find, though. I had just left Meijer where they've changed their "family packs" of ground 80/20 from 3# to 2# and they were asking $5.99# which I refused to pay. Swung by GFS and saw this:
chub.jpg price.jpg vac.jpg
I've been leary about those pre-packaged chubs because when there's a recall that's what it usually is but for $3.49# I'll take a chance.

About all I usually get there is brisket and boneless butt
So much more there depending on what you like . I have bought the ground beef , but usually buy a brisket and grind it up , or use trim from other things .
Brisket here is $4.59 a pound . That's down 50 cents from a week ago . So when Ground beef gets up in price it's cheaper to grind a brisket .
I've also started mixing the ground beef with ground pork . Which lowers the cost even more . Makes a good burger , and great for tacos , meatballs or meat sauce .

Reactions: motocrash
So much more there depending on what you like . I have bought the ground beef , but usually buy a brisket and grind it up , or use trim from other things .
Brisket here is $4.59 a pound . That's down 50 cents from a week ago . So when Ground beef gets up in price it's cheaper to grind a brisket .
I've also started mixing the ground beef with ground pork . Which lowers the cost even more . Makes a good burger , and great for tacos , meatballs or meat sauce .
It also makes great sausage Texas style! :D

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky