SABLTCC& E.......(Smoked Applewood Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Smoked Cheddar Cheese & Egg)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Apparently I don't have one. I have set up a twitter follow but I will read more and try and get my luddite brain wrapped around it.

Disco
ha-ha Disco you crack me up.  Just finished watching your Homemade sausage video - I loved it.  I was LOL with your comment about drinking "copious quantities of red wine".  I believe drinking red wine while cooking is the law SOMEWHERE! drinking several glasses of red wine (while cooking) makes the food taste so much better you agree!  Anyway your sausage looked amazing.  I want that sausage press - where did you find that wonderful contraption?  I will definitely checkout Hi Mountain Spice Co........ going to try your sausage recipe this weekend.  If you are on Wordpress - go into your settings you should be able to find out how to add a "Follow" button.  You want everyone to follow your awesome blog.......BTW thanks for following my food blog!

Josie

ha-ha Disco you crack me up.  Just finished watching your Homemade sausage video - I loved it.  I was LOL with your comment about drinking "copious quantities of red wine".  I believe drinking red wine while cooking is the law SOMEWHERE! drinking several glasses of red wine (while cooking) makes the food taste so much better you agree!  Anyway your sausage looked amazing.  I want that sausage press - where did you find that wonderful contraption?  I will definitely checkout Hi Mountain Spice Co........ going to try your sausage recipe this weekend.  If you are on Wordpress - go into your settings you should be able to find out how to add a "Follow" button.  You want everyone to follow your awesome blog.......BTW thanks for following my food blog!

Josie
I would recommend Pop's Country Sausage for the spices. I was given the Hi Mountain and it is good but I prefer Pops seasoning.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/73350/country-style-breakfast-sausage

As for the LEM press, it is available at several dealers and I highly recommend it. One of the site sponsors sell it.

http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/

As for red wine, I love it but look what it did to me. You might want to give it up!

Disco

Last edited:

I would recommend Pop's Country Sausage for the spices. I was given the Hi Mountain and it is good but I prefer Pops seasoning.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/73350/country-style-breakfast-sausage

As for the LEM press, it is available at several dealers and I highly recommend it. One of the site sponsors sell it.

http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/

As for red wine, I love it but look what it did to me. You might want to give it up!

Disco
Yeah I was just on Pop's link.  checked out the meat processing link too.  what type of casing do you use?

Red wine note - don't think I will be giving up red wine anytime soon.  Doctors say it's good for your heart so it must be good for ya lol....

thanks for all the info Disco.  Will be ordering some sausage making gadgets soon.  I can hear Jerry saying right now, "really babe.......another kitchen gadget!"  lol.

Josie

Yeah I was just on Pop's link.  checked out the meat processing link too.  what type of casing do you use?

Red wine note - don't think I will be giving up red wine anytime soon.  Doctors say it's good for your heart so it must be good for ya lol....

thanks for all the info Disco.  Will be ordering some sausage making gadgets soon.  I can hear Jerry saying right now, "really babe.......another kitchen gadget!"  lol.

Josie
I normally don't use casings however, in my last batch, I emulsified the meat a bit more and used collagen casings. They were ok but I hear sheep casings are really good, just expensive. My missus ate sausages in natural casings for years but the first time I made bratwurst she thought the hog casings were disgusting and now they aren't an option for anything I will be serving her. She said the sausages in the collagen casings were great so all is well.

Making patties for your sausages are a fine option too.

You can give Jerry my wife's email address and the two of them can commiserate about their foodie spouses and the endless kitchen gadgets.

Ciao, She Who Must Be Obeyed just brought me some red wine!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky