SABLTCC& E.......(Smoked Applewood Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Smoked Cheddar Cheese & Egg)

Discussion in 'Pork' started by smokinvegasbaby, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Today was one of those days - I didn't know what I wanted to eat and really didn't feel like eating, cooking or smoking anything.  I thought to myself, "Josie girl - you gotta eat something"

So I checked out my fridge to see if there was something I could cook up in a hurry and this is what I came up with - a SABLTCC & E............Smoked Applewood Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheddar Cheese & an Egg Sandwich.  I have forgotten just how good this sandwich tasted.  Years ago (back in the 80's) I had a pastry shop in Houston, Texas.  There was a salvage yard right down the street from my pastry shop.  These guys used to stop by my shop everyday for lunch.  I created this sandwich for them and they named it "The Salvage Yard Special".........so here's a pic of my "Salvage Yard Special" made with Smoked Applewood Bacon, lettuce, Tomato, Smoked Cheddar Cheese and one Egg.  Might have to make me another one tomorrow! Hope you all had a great Thursday!  Josie aka SmokinVegasBaby

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. dirtsailor2003

dirtsailor2003 Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great Josie!!! We've been struggling with what to eat cause it's been to damn hot to want to eat! I'd eat that, no matter the heat! I'd even consider some tomater soup to
    Go with it!

3. "tomater soup" now that's an idea.....maybe I will make me a bowl to go along with my 2nd SABLTCC &E tomorrow.  Thanks for the idea DS

4. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hey Josie, I'd take a "Salvage Yard Special" any day ...... YUM !! What a terrific meal yet again... By the way, ya had me at bacon..... LOL

Hope all is well my friend !

:beercheer:

5. ha-ha Justin.  Everything is good with bacon on it......If the weather permits, I might fire up my "big girl" smoker this weekend. Happy Friday and have a great weekend my friend.

6. disco

disco Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Terrific looking sandwich. It looks like a great balance of textures and flavours.

Disco

7. pgsmoker64

pgsmoker64 Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

That is a nice looking sammy!!!!

8. Thanks Disco - it was really good.  You smoking anything this weekend?

Have a great weekend.

Josie

9. Thanks PGSmoker64 - it was mighty tasty indeed!

Josie aka SmokinVegasBaby

10. disco

Being retired, I don't get weekends. We did some wings on Wednesday and some ribs on Thursday. The local supermarket has some beef short ribs on sale. I hope to snag some for next week. You?

11. if the weather permits - I am going to smoke up something tasty.  I will "FOLLOW" your blog as soon as I find the "follow" button lol.  I'm checking it out right now.

12. disco

I'm afraid it doesn't have the class of yours but I do have fun with it.

Disco

13. your blog is great! Our food blog goals are to get the word out about "good cooking" right?  and WE are doing that.  I am leaving a comment now.  take care my friend and let's keep on cooking good food!

Josie

14. disco

Har, you are too kind. I am definitely trying to persuade people to do more home cooking.

15. I searched and searched and did not find the "Follow" button on your blog.  where would I find it?

16. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

SVB  That looks great may just have to go on the menu tonight, great job 

DS

17. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

WOW.

Love the sammie.

18. DS - that's a perfect Friday night meal...go for it!

Josie - aka SVB

19. try it - you'll love it.......

Josie

20. disco

Apparently I don't have one. I have set up a twitter follow but I will read more and try and get my luddite brain wrapped around it.

Disco