Rusted out

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slosmoke

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Hi ,have an old smoker that has a rusted bottom on it.All other parts in good shape including burner.I want to move into a Masterbuilt.I wuold like to find a bottom for my old timer and use it at the hunting shack.Any ideas for a round metal part to use as the base .If not ,its on the way out.Thanks

I am not sure what the size you need but maybe an old metal 5 gallon bucket would work. Or just weld something up...... Just a thought..........

Kookie

i have seen, somewhere, bottoms you can buy

cut out the rusted part and weld the new in

let me see if i can find it again

what kind of smoker IS it.....

The smoker is an old Charbroil .The round bottom is holding a 17 1/2 " mid section.I am going to check out some AG feeder or the old style oil drain pans for size.

If you can find any, the iron disc from a disc plow would work great. It won't rust out, they are about 16" in dia. The charcoal grill I had growing up was made from it's larger cousin a "one way" plow disc. About 30 " in dia. with a rim welded to it, and a wind screen, legs with wheels, and a lever for raising and lowering the grill, an old oven rack. My dad could build anything, still can for that matter.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

if you can find a metal fab place near you, see if they have any scrap that might fit your bill. Usually you can get odd size stuff really cheap that way.

yup a plow disc gonna do u fine-makes a great outdoor wok around here

Found a galvinized feed pan at my local Farm and barn ,$4.00 and took my snips to the bad metal.Perfect .Made a batch of peanuts and kicked back.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky